Complaint Review: SKS Associates, NY

• Updated: Fri, March 11, 2011

• Reported By: bud — Placida Florida United States of America
SKS Associates, NY
PO Box 7861, New York, New York United States of America

SKS Associates, NY intends to debit my business account for "taxes" for a least that expired several years ago. New York, New York

I received a letter dated 3/2 from SKS Associates announcing they intend to debit my account for taxes from a lease with Lease Finance Group.  (This lease expired several years ago, the account was paid in full and the credit card terminal returned several years ago).  Unlike some others who have written, it appears that my account has not been debited yet.  I have filed fraud charges with my bank AND issued stop payment orders, but they tell me that only if the dollar amount and name of the company requesting the debit are identical to what is written on the stop payment order,  will the stop payment order actually be recognized by the bank's computers.  Also, and this is very important, due to the fact that this is a corporate rather than a personal ACH debit, we have only one business day to dispute the charge once it is made.  So I am forced to monitor my account hourly for the next several weeks.  This is obviously a highly sophisticated scam, though the letter they sent me was not even on any corporate letterhead, and the phone number for "client services assistance" is a non-working number.

Apparently I was lucky to receive the letter before the dollar amount was actually debited....hopefully, my bank will be able to catch the debit before the computer generously pays it!

Due to the nature of this type of "corporate" debit, the one-day reporting rule apparently applies to anyone who had a business lease agreement....that makes it doubly difficult to catch these guys in the act -- or have any recourse once the charge is made.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2011 04:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SKS-Associates-NY/New-York-New-York-/SKS-Associates-NY-intends-to-debit-my-business-account-for-taxes-for-a-least-that-expi-705252. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SKS Associates, NY