Complaint Review: SKS Associates in New York, NY

PO Box 7861 New York, New York United States of America
  • Phone: 1-866-286-8841
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

SKS Associates in New York, NY Representing contracts by Lease Finance Group. SKS threatened in a letter that they would debit my now nonexistent bank account for a lease that ended 4 years ago New York, New York

I just got a letter from SKS Associates threatening to take $76 out of my bank account in THREE days, unless I gave them payment in some other form. They said if I didn't pay, they would send it to collection. I called SKS and asked to tell me exactily what taxing authority (state, county, etc.) the "property taxes" pertained to on my leased credit card machine through Lease Finance Group. They said, "the county where you live". I went to the county assessor and found they had no record of SKS, even though I gave them what was supposedly SKS's tax ID number. I called SKS back and insisted that they tell me what the taxing entity was. They put me on hold for a long time, and when the representative came back on the line, he said, "you can ignore the letter...this was a clerical error".  Hopefully thistactic  will help someone else too! I'm also filing a complaint with the NY Attorney General, Consumer Fraud division.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2011 08:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SKS-Associates-in-New-York-NY/New-York-New-York-10116/SKS-Associates-in-New-York-NY-Representing-contracts-by-Lease-Finance-Group-SKS-threaten-705712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SKS Associates in New York, NY