Complaint Review: SKS Associates

• Updated: Sat, March 19, 2011

• Reported By: Dave — Tremont Illinois United States of America
SKS Associates
PO Box 7861 New York, New York United States of America

SKS Associates Northern Leasing Attempts to Rip Off Former Cr. Card Machine Lease Customers New York, New York

Like so many others, I received a letter from SKS Associates indicating they had "acquired all of the rights, title and interest in certain leases owned by Northern Leasing Systems, Inc..." This letter was dated 3/11/11, I received it on 3/18/11 with instructions "we intend to debit your account on or about 3/21/11."  This lease was previously closed and the equipment returned.

I called the tel. number on the letter to advise they did not have authorization to debit my account.  In that conversation, I learned the number listed on the SKS letter is actually Northern Leasing, the company which no longer has any interest in the lease. I then asked for an email address for SKS so  I could put it in writing to them.  I was told they would not provide me with any contact information for SKS but that I had to send a fax to Northern Leasing and they would then contact SKS on my behalf.

When I asked to speak to someone else at Northern Leasing that could provie contact info for SKS, I was denied repeatedly.  Northern Leasing Customer Service dept gave me the fax number for the Northern Leasing Customer Service Dept. - thanks for the circular trip going nowhere.

This has "scam" written all over it.  Why does the company which acquired the lease provide a telephone mumber for the company which no longer has an interest?   WHy does the company who longer has an interest refuse to provide contact information for the company which acquired the lease?  Collusion seems apparent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2011 09:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SKS-Associates/New-York-New-York-10116/SKS-Associates-Northern-Leasing-Attempts-to-Rip-Off-Former-Cr-Card-Machine-Lease-Customer-708068. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SKS Associates