rank

• Submitted: Sat, March 02, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, March 02, 2002

• Reported By:Highwood IL
SKY BOX TV
4405 NW 73rd Avenue Miami, Florida U.S.A.

SKYBOX TV DOES IT AGAIN! money disappearing from my account!

I guess I'm not surprised that I have found so many reports regarding SkyBoxTV on this site. I ordered from their Web site last December (free installation, two receivers, first month free, etc. etc. etc.) Immediately after I placed this order $39.99 disappeared from my account. Shortly after that Dish Network also took $39.99.

After a few weeks I received my certificate. No-one called to schedule an appointment for installation, and no equipment showed up on my doorstep. Repeated emails and calls to SkyBoxTV were useless, well, maybe worse than useless because in early January they took an additional $189.00 from my account. I even had a Dish Network support person try to contact them on a conference call and we got someone claiming to be the president of the company and he said not to bother him.

Dish Network finally got an installer out and I got my satellite TV, but they nailed me for $160-odd in January as well (apparently they never heard of SkyBox TV's "great deal"). If anyone has any suggestions as to how I might get my money back I would appreciate your input.

Regards,

Jim K.
Highwood, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SKY-BOX-TV/Miami-Florida-33166/SKYBOX-TV-DOES-IT-AGAIN-money-disappearing-from-my-account-15632. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SKY BOX TV