Complaint Review: SLM Financial, Sallie Mae

• Submitted: Thu, October 27, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, October 27, 2005

• Reported By:gahanna Ohio
SLM Financial, Sallie Mae
3000 Lincoln Dr Marlton, New Jersey U.S.A.

SLM Financial, Sallie Mae Ripoff Signed up for at-home online MCSE school. School closed. SLM doesn't care Marlton New Jersey

I signed up for 'at-home' online training to become MCSE certified at a school named KB Institute of Technology. Before I even got to take one class, the school was closed. Their website, email addresses bounced back and phone number disconnected. I got no notice whatsoever. I financed my student loan for $8000 through SLM financial.

SLM financial doesn't seem to care about anything except getting their $8000 back. They're harassing me, my friends and my parents (which live in a different state. I have no idea how SLM got my parent's phone number and I didn't give them that information). They won't help me find a way out at all.

I've contacted my state's Attorney General and he heard my complaint. He forwarded my complaint to the Federal Department of Education's Closed School division (I have not heard back from them yet). I also have contacted my local Senator (Senator Goodman) and Ohio's Governor (Governor Taft) as well as Ohio's Attorney General (Attorney Jim Petro) as stated previously. Also, I've notified three of Columbus's major news outlets to see if they'd like to hear my story.

I just recently contacted everyone except Attorney Jim Petro (who forwared my case to the Dept. of Education).

I'm not going to pay for something I never received. If I have to, I'll hire a private attorney through the Ohio State Bar Association and sue for the full sum of the loan plus damages from stressful harassment.

I'll report back if there are any developments.

Bruce
gahanna, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2005 09:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SLM-Financial-Sallie-Mae/Marlton-New-Jersey/SLM-Financial-Sallie-Mae-Ripoff-Signed-up-for-at-home-online-MCSE-school-School-closed-162294. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SLM Financial, Sallie Mae