Complaint Review: SLM Financial

• Submitted: Tue, May 06, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, November 07, 2003

• Reported By:Ft. Worth Texas
SLM Financial
3000 Lincoln Drive Suite F Marlton, New Jersey U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

SLM Financial Or Sallie Mae Don't do business with SLM or Sallie Mae!! ripoff the business that doesnt give a dam Marlton New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Sallie mae doesnt do what they say they will

After attending a horrible school that screwed me in a completely different way, I was in debt to SLM & Sallie Mae. They are the same company only one handles the government side of the student loan and the other is private, which that in it self is a little screwy and confuses the hell out of people!

I applied for a deferment on mine and my husbands loans. The manager of collections, Charles Craig e-mailed me with confirmation that my deferment had been processed. Months later I received a bill so I contacted them only to find out that Charles never followed through, and my account was seriously past due and on my credit report.

It took me contacting the BBB, FTC, Attorney General, & Texas Guaranteed Loan just to get them to back date the deferment and I just received a letter two days ago that they agreed to take it off our credit report due to our complaint filed to the Attorney General's office. I filed my first complaint in September. It is now May and I am still trying to resolve this.

Don't do business with SLM or Sallie Mae!!

Jennifer
Ft. Worth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2003 08:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SLM-Financial/Marlton-New-Jersey-08053/SLM-Financial-Or-Sallie-Mae-Dont-do-business-with-SLM-or-Sallie-Mae-ripoff-the-business-55949. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SLM Financial

Sallie mae doesnt do what they say they will

AUTHOR: Jenny - (U.S.A.)

I have had the same problems with sallie mae regarding deferment. I have 6 loans i have to pay back and i have been having extreme financial difficulties so i needed a deferment-so i called and after spending an hour on the phone with a woman who could barely speak english, i thought it was said and done...NOT.

So i get a bill 2 mos later saying im seriously past due. I call SMS and again, I get someone who can't speak english very well AGAIN and doesnt understand what i am saying. THey won't let me speak to their manager. I thought I got it squared away this time, but who knows. I don't want to deal with them anymore. Are there any other alternatives? I dont't want to get screwed by them and it looks like alot of people have.