Complaint Review: SLM (Sallie Mae)/MicroCert

• Submitted: Tue, October 28, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, October 28, 2003

• Reported By:NORTH RICHLAND HILLS Texas
SLM (Sallie Mae)/MicroCert
Microcert Of Texas,6825 Manhattan Blvd,ft. Wort, Tx 76120,817-457-8999 Fort Worth, Texas U.S.A.

SLM Financial And Microcert The Deception Continues With Yet Another Computer School ripoff Fort Worth Texas

I attempted to go through an MCSE program @ MicroCert here in Ft. Worth in what they claimed anyone could accomplish in their 14-wk program. The loan for this program was of course provided through SLM Corp.(Sallie Mae) in the amount of 10.5k.

I was working a F/T job then, as I still am now and trying to fit in the time required to attain this training. During the 14-wk period I was only able to attain my certification for W2K professional. After the 14-wk period was over I was informed weeks later that I could return and use the lab and sit in on classes until I passes all of the exams that were part of my program.

The school closed before I was able to achieve these goals. I now seem to be stuck with a student loan without the education to go with it. They never informed me that they were closing and they never contacted me otherwise to refer me to another institution where I could finish my training.

SLM has never made any attempt to inform me that the school was closing, discharge the loan on the grounds that the business had folded or refered me to another agency where I could finish my training. Also, I have been paying what seems like forever on this loan with making only a $600 difference in the overall balance.

In my opinion, SLM and Microcert, have gone above and beyond fornicating those that attended with the hopes of achieving their goals with nothing to show now but a monthly bill.

Larry
NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2003 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SLM-Sallie-MaeMicroCert/Fort-Worth-Texas-76120/SLM-Financial-And-Microcert-The-Deception-Continues-With-Yet-Another-Computer-School-ripof-70301. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SLM (Sallie Mae)/MicroCert