Complaint Review: SLM/AKA SallyMae

• Submitted: Thu, October 01, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, October 01, 2009

• Reported By: Edith — Sarasota Florida U.S.A.
SLM/AKA SallyMae
po box 9500 Wilkes Barne, Pennsylvania United States of America

SLM/AKA SallyMae Sallymay, sallymay career training I applyed for a career loan through a school and was ripped off by the school which was neither registered or licensed. Wilkes Barne, Pennsylvania

This report is in regards to a student career direct loan received from sallymae in the amount of $7000.00.

The owner and teacher of the school applied for the loan so that I could attend her beauty school, after about three weeks in the class I had never received any kind of books to study from, there was no written curriculum I recieved very few supplies to work with.

This was a six month course, when I began to question her about this she became Irate , dismissed me from the class for the remainder of the week, at another time did not show up to teach me, I was the only one in this hairbraiding class.I traveled a great distance to attend these classes 4 days a week, finally I asked for a refund of the money paid to her and was told that I would never see any of that money and that I could sue her.

Called SallyMae and tried to tell them about this person I believe they recruited to bring students into her program through her website where she offered financial assistance.

Sallymay did not want to hear anything I had to say they would not answer any questions about this indivual, they would not send me any of the original documents that she faxed to sallymay on my behalf for this loan.

I checked with the board of education and found that this school was not registered or licensed to operate a school  nor had they heard or any such school

Sally mae on-line policy states that they would not grant a loan to an indivual for school unless that school was registered or licensed with the board of education in that state.

Did Sallymae check the credentials of the person that they hired to recruit students ?Did they run a check on this person and her school to find out if it was a legitimate school? Did Sallymae check with the board of education to find out if she was licensed or registered with the board of education?

When I asked these question of sallymae I was told that it was up to me to find out these things, I borrowed the money and it was up to me to pay it back.I had every intention of repaying this loan, this adult schooling would help me to make the extra money I needed and to pay back this loan in a timely manner.I was very anxious to start this new career It was a trade I had wanted to do for a very long time but never had the time or the money , for me it was a dream come true ,or so I thought, I have not been able to pay Sallymae back any of this money because I am still in the same old rut but I feel there is something that is not right with this situation with Salliemae and with the recruiter they hired, just what are her ties to salliemae? how did she become a recruiter for this company?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2009 07:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SLMAKA-SallyMae/Wilkes-Barne-Pennsylvania-18773-9500/SLMAKA-SallyMae-Sallymay-sallymay-career-training-I-applyed-for-a-career-loan-through-502946. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SLM/AKA SallyMae