Complaint Review: SLOMINS

• Reported By: ROBERT — YAPHANK New York
SLOMINS
125 Lauman Lane, Hicksville, New York United States of America

SLOMINS Cocky salesman Hicksville, New York

*Author of original report: rebuttel

*Consumer Suggestion: Where is the ripoff?

I have been a slomins alarm customer for over 5yrs, and a heating customer for over 2yrs. So far i have been satisfied with the services. I called to get an estimate on replacing my Central A/C system which consists of the compressor outside and the air handler in the attic. The old flex pipe and ducts would be reused as they dont need to be replaced. Slomins has a coupon in the paper for $500.00 off a complete A/C system that expires on 3/31/13. The salesman sat at my kitchen table and opened a book not letting me see it, and said the system would be $8950.00 less the $500.00 coupon making it $8450.00. They want 30 percent down and the rest is financed over 36mths interest free. The salesman was very cocky and said "ive been working for this company for over 27yrs" and it is a good price that i am giving you, when i asked him if he could do a little better on the price,and he said the company would not  He kept insisting on me upgrading my alarm system, and i told him i did not call him here to discuss my alarm system. When you put a slomins alarm system in, you are obligated to sign a 5yr monitoring contract, which i did. My obligation expired on 1/13 and he is trying to get me locked in again for another 5yrs by upgrading my system. I was born in the morning but not yesterday morning. I am waiting for a call from his supervisor because i was not happy with this salesman.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2013 11:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SLOMINS/Hicksville-New-York-11801/SLOMINS-Cocky-salesman-Hicksville-New-York-1035725. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SLOMINS

rebuttel

AUTHOR: ROBERT - ()

You must be a contractor. I was lied to because today his supv. Called and told me he could have given me a better deal on the price!!!!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Where is the ripoff?

AUTHOR: Terrance - ()

I don't understand.  The salesman gave you a quote, and you didn't like the price, and he couldn't do better.  It happens every day.   Did you get quotes from other companies?  Maybe that's a great price.  Maybe not.  Either way, it hasn't cost you anything yet, so no ripoff...