Complaint Review: SMAC

• Updated: Thu, August 30, 2012

• Reported By: Steve — Houston Texas United States of America
SMAC
Kerrville, Texas United States of America

SMAC SHANE MATLOCK AND COMPANY Fraudulent company advertising business leads for insurance agents. Kerrville, Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This is a false report

Shane Matlock and Company in Keerville, Texas contacted our agency in Houston to solicit their services to provide group health insurance leads. Their offer was for $350.00 to provide 10 legitimate leads for start-up companies with at least 5 employees  that wanted a quote on health insurance.

They guaranteed the leads and if we were not able to run a quote for the company, that lead would be replaced. Stay away from this company! It has now been approximately 3 weeks and no leads.

I contact both Scott and Shane, co-owners of Shane Matlock and Company,  with my displeasure about their services and requested a refund of the $2250.00. After all, three weeks, no leads, no contact was the basis for my request for a refund.

The response from Scott and Shane were " well the $225.00 has already been paid to our telemarketers for the time on the phone, therefore we cannot refund your money." I told Scott and Shane, I paid for 10 group health insurance leads, not for the salary of their employees and it was not my fault if they could not produce the leads. Scott said, well I'll discuss that with Shane and get back to you.

Update: Scott just called with a hot lead for a restaurant that wanted group health insurance. According to Scott they have group health insurance with Nationwide! Nationwide DOES NOT offer group health insurance. Scott says " I haven't nailed it down yet but it's a restaurant in Houston. I told Scott that I sent them a email a week ago to stop trying to make leads for our agency because it wasn't working out! He told me today, there is no way we are going to refund you the $225.00!

This company Shane Matlock and Company does not provide the services they promised and refused  the request for  a refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2012 08:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SMAC/Kerrville-Texas-78028/SMAC-SHANE-MATLOCK-AND-COMPANY-Fraudulent-company-advertising-business-leads-for-insurance-923055. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SMAC

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This is a false report

AUTHOR: smac - (United States of America)

***While it is in everyone's best interest for you to have your appointments set as fast as possible, the time in which your 10 packs are completed is directly related to the demand of your service offering within the network and the model already established. The time frame is not guaranteed. The biggest advantage to the SMAC Pack system is by the time they are filtered through the process and the prospect has been qualified and passed to you according to your criteria, they are guaranteed as stated above or will be replaced free of charge.

Was clearly stated to this individual and the particular types of leads he needed were going to take longer than the other types because of the very specific request. Mean while phone calls are being made and questions are being asked and a lot of businesses are being sifted through in order to qualify the prospect without having to replace the prospect because of non qualification. We want everyone to be happy and satisfied or at least reasonably patient because we will not quit until we succeed. Scott is not an owner of the company just someone who worked hard to please this client. The client was refunded the money and not because of any wrong doing by SMAC but because we like to work close with all businesses we come in contact with and would not like to refer our members to this individual.