Complaint Review: SMC Aka Specialty Merchandise Corporation

• Submitted: Thu, March 27, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, March 27, 2008

• Reported By:Spring Valley California
SMC Aka Specialty Merchandise Corporation
996 Flower Glen Street Simi Valley, California U.S.A.

SMC Aka Specialty Merchandise Corporation Compete ripoff from the word go... Simi Valley California

After watching the advertisement on television I called and ordered their catalog with the understanding it could be sent back within thirty days if it was not everything I thought it would be and it would be cancelled. I sent it back within less than a week and sent the letter off requesting to cancel. They immediately started to take money out of my bank account. I called and told them to stop that the merchandise and catalogue had been returned along with a letter of cancellation. They said they were sorry. I was called and told to talk to who they called my counselor for selling and talk with him. The counselor told me to return the package along with a letter. I told him I had already did that and I have never heard from him again. Now, I am receiving letters from a collection agency informing they will ruin my credit if I don't pay this bill...two years after the fact of sending everything back! When I contacted the SMC company by phone all I got was recorded messages. I looked up another number for them and finally got through. They told me I would have to pay or send them proof again that it was returned and cancelled and then they would review my papers and let me know if they would accept the cancellation. Meanwhile I should pay their bill or it would go against my credit. This company has people coming and going. You do what they ask and you still get the shaft!

Anybody out their have a class action suit...count me in!

Kittie
Spring Valley, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2008 04:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SMC-Aka-Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation/Simi-Valley-California-93065/SMC-Aka-Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation-Compete-ripoff-from-the-word-go-Simi-Valley-C-321707. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SMC Aka Specialty Merchandise Corporation