Complaint Review: SMC Corp

• Submitted: Mon, August 27, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, August 27, 2012

• Reported By: lookingforthemafia — Union Gap Washington United States of America
SMC Corp
996 Flower Glen Road Simi Valley, California United States of America

SMC Corp Ripoff Corporation! Threatening to take me to small claims court. Simi Valley, California

In November of 2010, I was approached by the SMC Corporation to be able to work from home and make "lots" of money.  When I didn't pay for the package that they sent to me, they started sending me collection notices.  I have "paid them" but according to the collection agency that they sent me to atP O Box 782408 in San Antonio, TX, I still owe them. I have called SMC three times since the first of the year and told them that they need to notify the SMC people that the account was already paid for.  Meanwhile, I am still getting letters from the collection agency that I still owe $64.79 and the ONLY way they can get the remaining money is to take me to small claims court, thus ruining my credit, and charging me for their attorneys fees.  I now have to go back to MY bank and have them look for the checks that were written to SMC thus showing that the account was paid in full. other than this, I get charged with their attorney fees, garnishing my wages and thus making me lose my job that i have tried so hard to hold onto.  I know that I DO NOT owe them and yet this crap continues. I refuse to pay them and I refuse to pay their attorneys fees. IF I lose my job how are they going to get their money that they say that I still owe?  They will probably take and put a lien on my property and the garnishing will make me lose my job. then what are they going to do? they going to come and put me in jail for non-payment?  I am NOT about to let this happen, nor are they going to rip me off.  Back in March I contacted SMC to find out about my account; according to the person that i talked to, (searched by name since I didn't have an account # for them to plug in), they told me that the account was paid in full. where do these people get the idea that I still owe them? I have NO CLUE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2012 08:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SMC-Corp/Simi-Valley-California-93065/SMC-Corp-Ripoff-Corporation-Threatening-to-take-me-to-small-claims-court-Simi-Valley-C-933437. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SMC Corp