Complaint Review: SMC Corp.

• Submitted: Sun, September 19, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, September 19, 2010

• Reported By: Hafa Boi — Denver Colorado USA
SMC Corp.
996 Flower Glen Street Simi Valley, California United States of America

SMC Corp. Specialty Merchandise Corporation Very poor service provided to new members. Simi Valley, California

I saw the Tom Bosley (actor) commercial about starting a "at home" business with SMC Corporation.  I called SMC and they were very pushy about buying a Gold plan versus a Silver plan.  I settled for the Silver plan because that was all I could afford.

As part of that plan, a "coach" would be assigned to handle my account and help get the business started.  I was really excited thinking I found something I could do.  The problems started when my assign coach did not feel like returning my phone call or answer my email.

I called SMC and requested an other coach.  The new coach was also a dud. Told me he was going to check my account and call back in 5 minutes. He never called back, I was told he went home.  Such a real dud.

Bottom line:  If you plan on doing business with SMC, be prepared for a whole lot of frustrations and aggravations.  Endless waiting on the phone or being transferred around.  The assigned coaches tend to be arrogant and unfriendly unless you are a $5k investor.

Forget about filing a complaint with Mark Schwartz, CEO; I was told he was to busy and doesn't look at the mediocre accounts like mine.

SMC works with VistaPrint on business card printing; dealing with Vistaprint is worst than having a tooth extracted.  That will be for an other "Ripoff" report.  And for the spokesman for SMC, Mr. Tom Bosley, I think I will start boycotting anything he sponsors.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2010 10:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SMC-Corp/Simi-Valley-California-93065/SMC-Corp-Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation-Very-poor-service-provided-to-new-members-Sim-642307. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SMC Corp.