Complaint Review: SMC - EMC - Specialty Merchandise Corp - E Merchant Club - Mmerce

• Submitted: Sun, October 18, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, October 18, 2009

• Reported By: Lorraine — Albuquerque New Mexico USA
SMC - EMC - Specialty Merchandise Corp - E Merchant Club - Mmerce
13230 San Bernardino Ave Fontana, California United States of America

SMC - EMC - Specialty Merchandise Corp - E Merchant Club - Mmerce SMC They said I could cancel anytime and then I did cancel, and they said too late and continued to take money every month . Fontana, California

I signed up w/ SMC and they said I would sell all these wonderful gifts and get a great commission and a free website.  They talked me out of 39.95 and I didn't realize that would be every month - and the free website actually costs another 24.95 and it is useless unless you have a bank account. I don't; I have a Walmart prepaid Visa.  I am disabled and my check is direct deposit.  I only make $753.00 a month and my rent is $460.  I told these people the website was not for me and I wanted to cancel and they said no it's too late and they continued to charge me every month - in fact one month they tried six times till they caught money on the card.  By the time I figured out the only way was to cancel my direct deposit and cancel the Walmart Visa itself, they had charged me $165.00.  That is after a written request to cancel.  Their pamphlet says you can cancel anytime, and when I tried they said no,. you only had 30 days and now you owe us over $500.00 for the privilege of selling out merchandise, whether you actually sell any or not.  They informed me I owe every penny regardless of whether or not I misunderstood or have the right bank account or even if I am disabled and not really able to handle the whole thing.  I want my money back and I want people to know not to mess with SMC!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2009 01:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SMC-EMC-Specialty-Merchandise-Corp-E-Merchant-Club-Mmerce/Fontana-California-92335/SMC-EMC-Specialty-Merchandise-Corp-E-Merchant-Club-Mmerce-SMC-They-said-I-could-c-511072. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SMC - EMC - Specialty Merchandise Corp - E Merchant Club - Mmerce