Complaint Review: SMC ,GIFTCARD REDEMPTION WEBSITE

• Submitted: Mon, May 11, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, October 30, 2009

• Reported By:BAKERSFIELD California
SMC ,GIFTCARD REDEMPTION WEBSITE
996 Flower Glen Street Simi Valley, California U.S.A.

SMC, GIFTCARD REDEMPTION WEBSITE Specialty Merchandise Corporation Took my money Simi Valleysimi Valley California

*General Comment: SMC Works, if you do.

they promised me that I could make money by investing in a giftcard website. I purchased said membership and have not made any money in eight months and they will not give me a refund but want me to spend more money to update website.

Mizztazie
BAKERSFIELD, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2009 01:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SMC-GIFTCARD-REDEMPTION-WEBSITE/Simi-Valley-California-93065/SMC-GIFTCARD-REDEMPTION-WEBSITE-Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation-Took-my-money-Simi-Val-450722. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SMC ,GIFTCARD REDEMPTION WEBSITE

#1 General Comment

SMC Works, if you do.

AUTHOR: Mike - (United States of America)

I have been a member of SMC's member program since 1996 and have yet to be told that they promise I could make money by simply investing in their product.  I have in fact made upwards of $700 or $800 in a single weekend at fund raisers, flea markets, bazaars, and such, I've even scheduled my own gift parties and made a killing.

But it took effort on my part to make the money, and I have, no I'm not a millionaire, but SMC didn't promise I would be, they promised quality products, I got that, they promised support, I got that, the customer service personnel I have interacted with have been nothing less than outstanding.

I have a Big Value Book gift card site and I see the potential in it, I may have to do a few things to tweak the sales a bit, but once a customer sees the convenience of it, they will come, they will buy, and they will come back.

Of course there is SEO, advertising, business directory submissions, word of mouth, creating back links to your site, but you wouldn't believe how cheap that can be, some of it is even free.

I like SMC, I respect your opinion, you didn't mention anything about what you did or didn't do to get your site out there and you didn't say you didn't like the products.  But the bottom line is that SMC can provide the product, the gift card site, the training manuals, etc.  But we have to put in the effort to sale it.  Thanks for your time.