Complaint Review: SMC Or Specialty Merchandising Corporation

• Updated: Sat, June 19, 2010

• Reported By: SoloSG2 — Clearwater Florida USA
SMC Or Specialty Merchandising Corporation
996 Flower Glen, Internet United States of America

SMC, Specialty Merchandising Corporation, Specialty Merchandise Corp Someone at SMC ripped my CC # and used it to join another work at home company, Internet

I decided to file this report after seeing a link posted for a work at home position.

I clicked on it to find it was from SMC. It reminded me of what happened so I thought I would post my experience here.

You can decide if you want to get involved with a company like this.

I decided to Give SMC a try and see what the company was all about. They offered a 100% money back guarantee and I had seen their commercials on TV, so I felt fairly sure they were a legit company. They may be legit, but that does not mean the people that work for them are honest.

The only time I had used this particular CC was through SMC.

I recieved a statement saying I owed money for a purchase to a memership to some  work at home comany I have/had never even heard of plus charges for SMC membership. I was supposed to receive some sort of sales kit which never arrived because while setting up my membership which took an hour and half of my time, I had to leave and never completed the transaction. The rep was supposed to call me back and finish it up which he never did.

I called my CC comany and filed a fraud report. They investigated and found my card had been used in another state I have never been to.

The only time I had used this CC was through SMC. hmm

The CC fraud department found out all the information they needed to know to be sure it was a fraudulent attempt to use my information. The CC# was changed and all charges from SMC and the other company were credited to my account.

I did some research and found that the merchandise SMC tries to sell is pure junk and way overpriced. My research also found that most sales from SMC are returned by the customer wanting their money back.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company, it is a waste of time and money.

Not to mention, you have no idea or any way of knowing who they hire to do their memership applications and if they can be trusted with your CC info.

I find it quit odd that the only time I used the card was through this SMC company and the info was stolen and used to commit CC fraud.

btw- my CC company has the info on the person who stole my CC info.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2010 01:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SMC-Or-Specialty-Merchandising-Corporation/internet/SMC-Specialty-Merchandising-Corporation-Specialty-Merchandise-Corp-Someone-at-SMC-rippe-615246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SMC Or Specialty Merchandising Corporation