Complaint Review: SMC SPECIALTY MERCHANDISE CORPORATION

• Updated: Thu, January 07, 2010

• Reported By: Therese — Madison Indiana United States of America
SMC SPECIALTY MERCHANDISE CORPORATION
996 Flower Glen Street Simi Valley, California United States of America

SMC SPECIALTY MERCHANDISE CORPORATION Supposedly have six months to cancel w/full refund!!! They Lie, say that they 'checked their records'! Simi Valley, California

In October I was contacted by SMC after showing an interest.  I was told that I had 6 months to change my mind, and receive a full refund of the fees that I had paid.  So I agreed, no harm no foul, right?!  Wrong!  According to them that is NOT what I was told, even though I have all the dates written down as they were given to me!  Plus the stuff that can be sold is cheap little stuff that you would find at a swap meet or flea market! I still have the catalogs that I can show. I tried for 2 weeks to get in touch with them to cancel, and could not get through.  When I finally did get through, they did not bother to let me know that I also had to call another number to cancel something else.  So a week after I canceled, I was dinged for another $30, they won't give that back either.  Good luck, if you sign up with this company!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2010 02:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SMC-SPECIALTY-MERCHANDISE-CORPORATION/Simi-Valley-California-93065/SMC-SPECIALTY-MERCHANDISE-CORPORATION-Supposedly-have-six-months-to-cancel-wfull-refund-550835. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SMC SPECIALTY MERCHANDISE CORPORATION