Complaint Review: SMC (Specialty Merchandise Corp) And Emerchant

• Submitted: Mon, June 30, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, February 19, 2009

• Reported By:Whitmore Lake Michigan
SMC (Specialty Merchandise Corp) And Emerchant
996 Flower Glen Street Simi Valley, California U.S.A.

SMC (Specialty Merchandise Corp) AKA Emerchant rip off, attempting to take $1195 out of my checking after I cancelled Simi Valley California

*Consumer Comment: a question for ginger!

*Author of original report: SMC/eMerchant

*Author of original report: SMC/eMerchant

I joined SMC thinking I could make some money, it turned out to be nothing but a big rip off.

They told me that the internet service would be free and only a small amout each month would be charged.

They attempted to take the total amount of $1159.00 out of my checking account.

I called every one I was suppose to including sending emails to cancel , I was told I had 30 days and if I did not want this I could cancel and get my money back.

I called the B.B.B in Los Angeles where all complaints (and they have several) are taken care . This is the only one that will handle any complains .

Hope this will help anyone that has been taken advantage of.

I was told they usually settle when the B.B.B gets them. I was given acomplaint I.D. Number and hope to get this finished.

Ginger
Whitmore Lake, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2008 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SMC-Specialty-Merchandise-Corp-And-Emerchant/Simi-Valley-California-93065/SMC-Specialty-Merchandise-Corp-AKA-Emerchant-rip-off-attempting-to-take-1195-out-of-my-345849. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SMC (Specialty Merchandise Corp) And Emerchant

a question for ginger!

AUTHOR: Marlene - (Canada)

please tell me how they got your banking info!i have been with this company for a month..now i am very scared!e-me at (((ROR REDACTED)))..please

SMC/eMerchant

AUTHOR: Ginger - (U.S.A.)

Just to let you know that I received over $600.00 back from SMC/eMerchant . But they refuse to return the rest of the money owed to me. They took out $1195.00 out of my account. I have turned over to our local Police all the emails and notes which include dates, times who I talked to and what was said.Once this was stated to SMC/eMerchant they decided to return some of my money. The Police have decided to turn this over to the Prosecuting Attorney. But there may be nothing they can do. If that is the case I will have to go to court and try to get my money back. The BBB is still waiting on more word from them , but I do not expect to hear anything more from them. It is a shame that people can do this to people and get a way with it.

SMC/eMerchant

AUTHOR: Ginger - (U.S.A.)