Complaint Review: SMC, Specialty Merchandise Corp.

• Submitted: Tue, November 16, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, November 16, 2010

• Reported By: Donnie — McKinney Texas United States of America
SMC, Specialty Merchandise Corp.
996 Flower Glen St. Simi Valley, California United States of America

SMC, Specialty Merchandise Corp., eMerchantClub who is a web site developer that is either owned by SMC or a direct partner. I sent money to SMC, they used emerchantclub exclusively~I was not offered a choice of web developers Deceptive Advertising, Sales Rep also Business coach=conflict of intrest, Cancelled at 20 days won't return any money $3595 Simi Valley, California

I responded to 4 ads which claimed big earnings at home working part time. No ads said SMC or emc or selling products. I called and the SMC sales rep asked how much I would spend for a business. She wanted $4000 but if I did it within 24 hrs, $3595 will cover all I need.

I was connected to emc, website builders and they started hitting me up for $495 more for " Google Keyword Maximizer", and said my channces for succses would be much less without this product. I got the 2nd best program but I feel that I should have been sold a smaller website and been offered Google Keyword by the SMC sales rep who I later learned was also my, "business coach", which I found to be a conflict of intrest.

Every problem I had, I called, and SMC along w/eMC kept passing the buck back at each other and my emails were ignored but one actually said," You just need to work" implying I had not done anything.

Sent member kit & letter of cancellation, certified/return receipt within 20 days. They never responded and when I asked for my money back I was told to call eMC even though I never gave money to eMC, they told me I hadn't cancelled with them. No Refund due to that.

SMC terms of cancellation (#4 on list) has all the rules which I met but under rule 4 terms of cancellation, they DO NOT say I must cancel with eMC also.

These two companies are located at the same address in the same building, city, state, and they have been doing this same scam to many others.

I need help...on SSDissability and I'd be willing to give 33% to anyone who could help me to resove this matter!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2010 01:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SMC-Specialty-Merchandise-Corp/Simi-Valley-California-93065/SMC-Specialty-Merchandise-Corp-eMerchantClub-who-is-a-web-site-developer-that-is-either-662626. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SMC, Specialty Merchandise Corp.