Complaint Review: SMC - Specialty Merchandise Corp

• Updated: Tue, August 03, 2010

• Reported By: donmaver — Lawson Missouri United States of America
SMC - Specialty Merchandise Corp
986 Flower Glen Street, Simi valley, California United States of America

SMC - Specialty Merchandise Corp I returned all merchandise before 30days were up. I called them and they received the merchandise. They were to send my check back because I did not keep anything. I received nothing except where t Simi valley, California

I ordered a sample box.  SMC was to hold my check until the 30 days were up, then send it back or cash it, depending wheather I kept the merchandise or not.  I returned everything and called them in 3 days to verify they received it.  They told me they did and would tear up my check.  I said OK.  I called my bank and they put a stop on the check in case they tried to cash it.  SMC did put it through.  This happened 3 or 4 years ago.  About 5 months ago I received a letter from a collection agency demanding the 67.11 owed to this SMC company.  I called the agency and told them I did not owe anything and why I did not.  They said they would take care of it.  They also asked why I had not responded to they multiple letters.  NO ONE SENT ANYTHING to me before that letter.  A couple of months later I received another letter demanding the money again.  I called the number on that letter, a lady answered I told her the same thing I told the other people.  She said she would take care of it.

I called back in 3 weeks and got a hateful lady told her the story and she hung up on me.  I called SMC and they hung up on me also.  Now I get this letter from CPS Security PO Box 782408, San Antonio, TX 78278 saying they are taking me to small claims court for money I do not owe this company.  I called their number 877-882-5153 which says Agents on Duty.  The number wants a pin to transfer to someone else.  Then they cut you off.  SOME COMPANY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2010 12:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SMC-Specialty-Merchandise-Corp/Simi-valley-California-63065/SMC-Specialty-Merchandise-Corp-I-returned-all-merchandise-before-30days-were-up-I-ca-628615. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SMC - Specialty Merchandise Corp