• Report: #401961

• Submitted: Tue, December 16, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, February 21, 2009

• Reported By:North Augusta South Carolina
SMC Specialty Merchandise Corporation
996 FlowerGlen Street Simi Valley, California U.S.A.

SMC Specialty Merchandise Corporation Money was taken out of my account without my knowledge. Simi Valley California

*Consumer Suggestion: Getting your money Back

On Oct.21st or around then i opted in to a trial membership with SMC Corp. to try their business to make another income for myself because i am on a fixed income which is disability. On nov 26 the first initial payment of 39.95 was taken out of my bank account which is the monthly charge.I then tried numerous times to contact them to let them know i didn't think this was going to work for me.

I was unable to until dec 12th when i talked to someone who was telling me that my only option to get out of the business was to pay 50.00 for a 1 year trial and that was all i would have to pay.On dec15 i called my bank and was informed that they took 100.00 out of my account.

I tried to contact someone today to see why they did and was told it was due to them and was disconnected. I don't remember anyone ever telling me i could not opt out of this business after the 30 days.i wasn't looking for a refund after then i just wanted to get out so the money wasn't taken out of my account anymore. them taking this 100.00 out has put my account into overdraft and i want it back.

Denise
North Augusta, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2008 12:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SMC-Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation/Simi-Valley-California-93065/SMC-Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation-Money-was-taken-out-of-my-account-without-my-knowled-401961. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SMC Specialty Merchandise Corporation

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Getting your money Back

AUTHOR: Luckylady - (U.S.A.)

I was in a situation were I was ripped off by this company but was worse than your situation (Check my Report: #406788). If you haven't already, go to your bank and ask them to charge the amount back that was taken out of your account. If you didn't authorize them to do that, then it's called fraud. I don't know how long ago that has happen but a person usually have 30-90days to dipute a charge on their bank account and 30-180days if it was a credit charge. Don't let these people get away with this...I didn't. Good Luck!

LuckyLady