Complaint Review: SMC-Specialty Merchandise Corporation

• Submitted: Sat, July 14, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, July 14, 2007

• Reported By:Augusta Georgia
SMC-Specialty Merchandise Corporation
996 Flower Glen St Simi Valley, California U.S.A.

SMC-Specialty Merchandise Corporation SMC Very Misleading-Gift cards will make you go broke Simi Valley California

I signed up for the SMC plan.They sold me on the gift cards.I thought it was a good thing to begin with.They told me to give them away,it would bring people to my web page.I beleive it witl,but for a $50.00 gift card,they charge me $16.66 for which I thought was a good deal.My customers would get $50.00 off and it only cost me $16.66.What I didn't know till my first order was that I paid $16.66 for the gift card,my customer go $50.00 off his order ,then i had to order the product costing me 66.16 right off the top.There is some thing wrong with a buisiness when you have to pay customers to buy your product.I thought by me buying a $50.00 gift card for $16.66 was like getting a $50.00 gift card that I would be getting credit for,but thats not the case.Everyone beware of this credit card scheme,I'm just lucky I caught this early.I just ordered 100 $25.00 and 100 $50.00 gift cards that cost me $2562.90.They just took put i9t on my credit card and have not shipped it yet.I'm trying to get my money back.

Jerry
Augusta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2007 07:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SMC-Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation/Simi-Valley-California-93065/SMC-Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation-SMC-Very-Misleading-Gift-cards-will-make-you-go-brok-1029796. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SMC-Specialty Merchandise Corporation