Complaint Review: SMC - Specialty Merchandise Corporation

• Submitted: Thu, January 12, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, January 29, 2006

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
SMC - Specialty Merchandise Corporation
996 Flower Glenn Street Simi Valley, California U.S.A.

SMC - Specialty Merchandise Corporation ripoff liars that cost me $1000's of dollars by illegally shutting down my account Simi Valley California

*Consumer Comment: You need to fight SMC with all that you can

This is the worst company I have ever worked with. I have made SMC 1000's of dollars as I was one of the successful promoters of their products. Read what they did to me! First, here is a copy of the BBB complaint I placed.

BBB Report: 1-4-2006

I am a member of SMC and they shut down my business for no reason. I did not receive a letter in the mail nor a phone call about the reason for the consideration of termination. They have a Fraud Alert list in the members area of their web site and according to SMC I was hosting my personal website with a provider that was on their Fraud Alert list and I had 10 days to move to another ISP. I was pretty upset seeing that it was the holiday season (November)and I had to move my site.

Anyway, I moved the site to another provider within 1 day and promply responded to the email they sent(As Requested)to verify that I moved my site ( I sen it 4 times to make sure that they got it). SMC terminated my account anyway and I have lost business and 30 hours on the phone trying to reach someone to clear this up with no response. SMC didn't bother to check and see if I moved my hosting they just shut down my business. I did nothing wrong!!

----

I had tried to get a hold of someone to straighten this out for another 5 days and I finally got a hold of a Jason Torrez who shut my site down. He verified that I had moved my site and said good. But there was one more problem, that I had another business hosted by this provider and that I had to move it also. It DID NOT matter that this business had nothing to do with SMC and I was not selling their products. Jason said that I could not do business period with this company. He would not turn on my account until I moved all my businesses. Boy was I pissed!!! In fact this is call the TORTIOUSE ACT and is illegal what they made me do.

Well, I had orders to get placed so guess what.. I moved all my businesses and tried another 5 days to et a hold of Jason. Even thougn he promised me he would call the very next day at 4:00pm to verify I had moved it. HE DID NOT CALL. My account is still closed till this day.

I finally go a hold of Jason and he told me that he could not turn my account on because I had filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. That is illegal! The reason I filed is because I could noot even get a call or response for many days and new that I would get a response this way.

Well, as far as I am concerned they could care less about their members and are a bunch of liars, cheaters and thieves!!!!

John
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2006 02:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SMC-Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation/Simi-Valley-California-93065/SMC-Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation-ripoff-liars-that-cost-me-1000s-of-dollars-by-i-273958. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SMC - Specialty Merchandise Corporation

You need to fight SMC with all that you can

AUTHOR: Charles - (Saint Kitts and Nevis)

John,

You need to fight SMC with all that you can. You already know that they do not care about you or any of their customers, they only care about the money.

File a complaint with the FTC Federal Trade Commission at https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

and don't let SMC get away with it -