Complaint Review: SMC - Specialty Merchandise Corporation

• Updated: Sat, January 30, 2010

• Reported By: aiz — Virginia Beach Virginia United States of America
SMC - Specialty Merchandise Corporation
986 Flower Glen Street, Internet United States of America

SMC - Specialty Merchandise Corporation SMC is charging me $200 something for the cancellation of my membership which I never used. I called them a lot of times but they just hang up and put me back on waiting. Simi Valley California, Internet

*Consumer Comment: They call me too much and Im not even a member...

*Consumer Comment: I DOUBT THAT!

They are charging me huge amount which is $464.40 and when I called them a lot of times for question and cancelation of my membership, they just hang up and never let me finish. I ask them if is it possible to cancel my membership but they told me that I have to give them a $200 something for the cancelation. I said that what if I don't wanna pay that amount?, they answered, I have to pay coz that's their collective or they'll put me in custody, then they just hang up saying hello? ma'am?, pretending that he can't hear me and so that's it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2009 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SMC-Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation/internet/SMC-Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation-SMC-is-charging-me-200-something-for-the-cancell-531460. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SMC - Specialty Merchandise Corporation

They call me too much and Im not even a member...

AUTHOR: Jessielb84 - (USA)

Its funny that they wont talk to you because I signed up the other day for additional information and they wont leave me alone. I made the huge mistake of giving them my phone number because I was interested in finding out more information on their company. I was looking to make some extra cash and thought it would be fun. So the very next morning...at 5 am my time I get my 1st phone call from them...at which point I explained that I was sleeping and since I was angry at the 5 am call I requested that they NOT call back. Well then at 9 am that same morning I get another call...at this point I am pretty upset and again request they do not call back explaining to this rep of the 5 am call. So he begins to speak very loud and fast so that I cant get a word in saying that since I was the 1 who requested the information I should give him just 2 minutes of my time. Absolutly just rude to me. So I hung up. Then all through out that whole day they KEPT CALLING...almost every 1-2 hours. At 1st it was from a number begining 801, when they realized I wouldn't answer that number they started calling from a 866 number. I answered the 1st time they called from that number and again explained that I was no longer interested because of the constant harassment at all hours of the day and the fact that they refused to stop calling. It has been a week and they are now calling 20 plus times a day from 3 different numbers. It amazes me that they will not respond to their current members...the ones who have already been trapped in their web ....but call the ones they want to trap 100s of times. I am concidering changing my phone number. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR PHONE NUMBER FOR INFORMATION ON THEIR SCAM!! They will call you until they get your money...and from what I have seen on these reports after they get your information they charge you over and over and avoid you like the plague.

I DOUBT THAT!

AUTHOR: Ruserious - (U.S.A.)

LOL I highly doubt SMC is grimey like that lol. Wow you sound crazy. Sounds like you agreed to the platinum package. Wait for your kit and call member services like it says when you open up the box. Put you in custody? lol wow. once you get your refund why don't you get a real job? if you can't understand working for yourself you should work under someone. wow thanks i needed that laugh hahahahaha.