Complaint Review: SMC- Specialty Merchandise Corporation

• Updated: Mon, March 30, 2009

• Reported By:MISSISSAUGA Ontario
SMC- Specialty Merchandise Corporation
www.StartWithSMC.com Nationwide U.S.A.

SMC- Specialty Merchandise Corporation Do your research first before you make a BIG mistake! Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Yes, Please Do Your Home Work

My husband and I wanted to make extra cash on the side because we have a baby on the way. I saw the infomercial so U decided to give them a call to get the free information, big mistake! Before I could request the information, the customer service on the line starting telling me about the different memberships and wanted the my credit card information. She was extremley pushy and everytime I told her I just wanted the free information she kept putting me on hold, came back on the phone and said her manager is willing to drop the price. I just wanted the free information! Pretty much I was like without something I can read I refuse to sign up, I told her thank you and hung up.

Pretty much anyone who is interested in SMC, do your research first, don't be forced to give any Credit Card information without doing your research first no matter the cost because in the end the cost may be devasting!

Tye
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2008 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SMC-Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation/nationwide/SMC-Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation-Do-your-research-first-before-you-make-a-BIG-mistak-334269. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SMC- Specialty Merchandise Corporation

Yes, Please Do Your Home Work

AUTHOR: Nothappy - (U.S.A.)

I agree with the above. SMC doesn't disclose everything. I recently quite the company because I couldn't make it work for me. I spent allot of money with them and made almost nothing back. What these companies don't tell you is that in order for this system of theirs to work right you must absolutely advrertise. This in itself can kill a new business venture. SMC like many other get rich quicke sceams don't tell you the amount of money you may have to spend on advertising to get your business up and running. The Fed's should write a law requiring all such companies to disclose everything you need to do to get your business up and running.

For anyone wanting to get into this business, Research, Research, Research.