Complaint Review: SMC Wholesale Gift Club

• Updated: Fri, February 03, 2012

• Reported By: Grrrrrrr — madison Wisconsin United States of America
SMC Wholesale Gift Club

SMC Wholesale Gift Club SCAM Internet, Internet

Yes smc is a scam after all the letters are in their name, with exception of the "a" I have just recently rejoined this organization after losing a job of 23 years hoping I could work real hard to generate more income.  scoured the internet for a "contact" email phone number nothing the only way you can contact them is -via- a promotional site.  in doing so you may be told you have just won $100 gift certificate...well if your a returning member you are told later in the conversation, that does not apply to you.

Scheme, set up probably, still fighting this because I told them I called the number on your screen, told me I was going to get a certificate, and now I want it, after 3 days still have not heard from anyone.  the person I initially talked to was  extremely unknowledgeable and put me on hold 4 times to go ask him manager a question.  When I told him I did not think this was professional, he replied why not.  he wanted to tell me about the members gold plan, but would not do that until I gave him my credit card number and renewed my membership.  then he proceeded to talk about the gold plan, I found that strange as I asked to discuss prior and he said no he could not do that, this right here was shady.  he was reading his script telling me about my new exciting adventure for financial freedom and kept saying welcome to the smc family????  we again started talking about the $100 certificate, he said you cant get that your a member...that's just for new members.  well maybe they should disclose it on their site.

yes they are shady...a day after all of this I started getting calls from SMC and they would hang up.  finally I answered the phone discussed my many issues already again with this lady.....and not being in the program less than 24 hours and she said "I am right there with you mam"  "I would not put up with it either" she was gonna look into this certificate issue and have someone call me back...still no one.  I asked her why they kept calling me and hanging up, phone issues???  She said it was because I completed a promotioinal email on line....I told her they had already enrolled me, she said "oh well the person that enrolled you did not note that in our system."

This organization is extremely unprofessional, everyone I have ever talked to at this company even when I was a previous member lacks customer service you get allot of "I am sorry man" even better " well I am in tech support"  "I don't work in that area"  you can talk to almost anyone and they all sound like they work for a different company, no one works together...very, very poorly run organization....

finally shipping costs are out of this world  be aware it will cost roughly $11 to ship an item for $3.95 no profit making here...

I am a fool for re joining and I will be the first to admit it....yes run, run, run....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2012 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SMC-Wholesale-Gift-Club/internet/SMC-Wholesale-Gift-Club-SCAM-Internet-Internet-833386. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SMC Wholesale Gift Club