Complaint Review: SMC

• Updated: Mon, November 01, 2010

• Reported By: Pamela — Citrus Heights California United States of America
SMC
9401 DE SOTO AVE CHATSWOTH, California United States of America

SMC Specialty Merchandise Corporation Initial $2.95 for start-up kit turned into loosing over $100.00, but NEVER received start-up kit. CHATSWOTH, California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: your wrong

Charged a $2.95 fee for a start-up kit with SMC, on-line.  Assumed, my bad, that I would receive the information and then consider if I was interested in being a part of this business.

I NEVER RECEIVED THE START-UP KIT!  When I finally noticed what was going on, it was the date of their second monthly membership feeof $59.95 being deducted from my account.  When I called SMC, and informed them that I never received any information; a representative did not call me; they told me basically that's just too bad.  I even tried to make a compromise and told the woman that I am willing to "eat" the first monthly payment and since the second monthly payment was still pending, they could easily cancel the payment.

She said that is too bad.  They want all the money.  She informed me that when I paid the $2.95 fee I agreed to the 7-day cancellation policy.  EVEN THOUGH I DID NOT RECEIVE THE START-UP KIT!  AND the first membership fee was not deducted in seven days; it was deducted in six days.  I am still trying to argue with them.  Even though I am on unemployment at this time, they apparently need the money a lot more than I do.  Give me a break!!!  Stay away from this company.  I should have known better; anybody that you have to pay to sell their product should be illegal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2010 11:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SMC/CHATSWOTH-California-91311/SMC-Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation-Initial-295-for-start-up-kit-turned-into-loosing-656205. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SMC

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

your wrong

AUTHOR: terry piss off - (USA)

I been working thought smc for 4 years and I can testify that one they never talk about 2.95 it a 40.00 start fee to get the membership kits and they take out 39.95 month each month until paid. so who ever you are you didn't work with smc . and that is a lie about the 2.95 fee because I watch all of there commercials and im a true smc customer.