Complaint Review: SMC

• Submitted: Sat, May 09, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, July 27, 2009

• Reported By:somewhere Iowa
SMC
996 Fower Glen St. Simi Valley, California U.S.A.

SMC - Specialty Merchandise Corporation ,Big Rip Off, Stay Away From, Simi Valley California dishonest, Simi Valley California

*Author of original report: contact information

*Author of original report: how to contact me

*Author of original report: contact information

*Consumer Suggestion: Wake Up

*Consumer Comment: I would LOVE information about your business!

*Consumer Comment: another person requesting info about your business

*Consumer Comment: Requesting more info.

Hi I am reporting Smc company to you because they are a total rip off. They promissed me all this help that I never got. Their "Job coaches" are really Trained Sales people that try to talk you into spending more money sometimes in the upwards of $5,000 to help you get your business Started. My very first shippment of my Kit included broken, damaged and defective merchandise. Even the replacement items would come in damaged or defective. The items were not of the quality that I would sell to a customer. I boxed up the kit to return it to SMC took it to a Local UPS office and went to send it back and it was going to cost me almost 100.00. I refused to pay the UPS store, bringing it back home and proceded to call the company. They Refused to send a ship back tag and made me believe that if I did not return the merchandise at my cost, that they would not refund my 499.95 for my membership. I tried to do the business just to re-coup my 499.95 investment. I drove miles and miles and put hours and hours in this business. and could not move the merchandise. (I have previouse sales Experience so I know how to be a saleswoman) The Job Coach that they promised me turned out to be a HIGH pressured Sales person that wanted me to invest $5,000 more into my business and then became very rude when I refused. I turned it in to my Credit Card Company and my Credit card company reimbersed my money to my account because they felt that I had been scammed my this company and had true reason to get my money back. Now SMC is threatening to turn this accont into collections. I am in this to the end. The bad thing is that I have Exelent credit and this company is probably goint to ruin it, but I am NOT GIVING UP! When I know I have a letgitamate complaint I will not back down. The best thing that ever happend to me is I am now in an new Independent business that is giving me great Success and happiness. If any of you readers want to know about my company that is perfectly Legit and treats its Business owners like real People contact me and I will tell you all about it. In the meantime.......STAY AWAY FROM SMC.

Ripped off in Iowa
somewhere, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2009 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SMC/Simi-Valley-California-93065/SMC-Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation-Big-Rip-Off-Stay-Away-From-Simi-Valley-Californ-450195. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SMC

contact information

AUTHOR: Kathleen miller - (U.S.A.)

You can use people find to try to contact me
Kathleen Miller
Ackley Iowa

how to contact me

AUTHOR: Kathleen Miller - (U.S.A.)

contact information

AUTHOR: Kathleen miller - (U.S.A.)

I can't seem to contact the people that are trying to get in touch with me. please contact me at (((ROR REDACTED)))

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Wake Up

AUTHOR: Redroom1 - (U.S.A.)

The tone here may seem harsh and difficult to read at times but There is a reward at the end I promise.

I had to roll my eyes when I read "treats their owners like humans.."
If you need to pay someone for a job, (or to be an "owner" ?!) the only business plan at work is: they make money off your stupidity.

if your worried about how your being treated as an "owner," or you are dependant on some entity for your business plan, your not an owner. You might be an independent "employee" who has no claim to any income or benifits and an obligation to send someone money, but an employee none the less.

As an actuall business owner I can tell you it is not as easy as dialing a 1-800 number and buying your self a "business" YOU HAVE TO HAVE A BUSINESS PLAN, and these ads on t.v. are not selling you a business plan, scam artists selling pyrmid schemes will avoid giving you info about the business plan like the plague because their only plan is to take your money by selling you a promise of a new lifestyle.

Any time somebody tries to sell you a LIFESTYLE instead of a BUSINESS plan, thats your first hint to just walk away. JUST WALK AWAY! my eyes roll out of my head every time I hear people on my T.V. telling me about how easy my life can be. WHAT IS THE BUSINESS PLAN?! If you want to get into sales, forget about all the crap on the T.V. commercials, the ferarri, the big house and all the promised FREE TIME?!?, you will have none of these things becuase running a profitable business is work (and alot of it) and any money you make will need reinvested for years and years. Anybody that promises you otherwise is making their money off of your stupidity and that is THEIR business plan, not yours.

If they were able to make money doing whatever it is they are asking you to do, THEN WHY ARENT THEY JUST DOING IT INSTEAD OF SELLING THE "SYSTEM" TO YOU?!?!?! Its because the "System" they are pushing on you is not actually business, the only business is getting you to send them money by any means required.

If you want to sell things, save your $39.99 I'll give you the hard facts for free, ALL slick marketing "systems" aside, it comes down to this: You need to figure out what you can *buy cheaply and sell for more* (hint: its not wothless ceramic nick-nacks from SMC) then, you need to file for a business license, pay a lawyer to draw the paperwork so you can incorporate to protect yourself from lawsuits when somebodys kid chokes on the widget you just sold them, File all of these things with the State THEN you can call yourself an "owner"
Sorry for the rant but I HATE seeing people manipulated by visions of an easy life. If an easy life is what you want, I recomend you go get a mindless job and stop thinking. Running a business (that actually involves clients, customers, and actuall money that flows in the right direction) is often complete madness and its not the life for you if your looking for bliss.

A reward for reading all of this: if you REALLY want to buy low and sell high for a living www.ec21.com is an open Business to Business market place where you can go to develop a relationship with suppliers all over the world. (this is the kind of place SMC buys from) but get ready to work for it, anything worth having takes work.

I would LOVE information about your business!

AUTHOR: Mad As Hell - (U.S.A.)

I have been looking for a business that I can do to help supplement my husbands income. He will be layed off as of the end of July and we cant make it on unemployment alone! I have looked for something for about 6 months but have found nothing and everything online is mostly a scam or they want A LOT of money! Thank you for the report about SMC. I was about to try it but have a hard time buying anything online these days unless I can use paypal. Many things have been disputed through them and I have had success getting my money back every time! Could you please send me information about your business? Thank you!

another person requesting info about your business

AUTHOR: Wynterdawn - (U.S.A.)

Hi there. Thanks for the enlightening post on SMC. I'm so glad I read it before I got involved with them. I'd like to know more about your business. Please write me at (((ROR redacted))). Thanks! Heidi

Requesting more info.

AUTHOR: Prekta01 - (U.S.A.)

Hello, Thanks for sharing about SMC. I'm requesting more information on the new Independent business that is giving you great Success and happiness. I am looking for a legit business to get stated in. I would love to hear from you & thank you respectfully. Contact me: (((Redacted)))