Complaint Review: S.M.E.R SURVEY PRO INC (MYSTRY SHOPPER)

• Submitted: Mon, November 03, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, January 25, 2009

• Reported By:PHILADELPHIA Pennsylvania
S.M.E.R SURVEY PRO INC (MYSTRY SHOPPER)
11100 NW 118 WAY MEDLEY, Florida U.S.A.

S.M.E.R SURVEY PRO INC (MYSTRY SHOPPER) SENT CHECK FOR 4995.00 ON BANK OF AMERICA ACCOUNT MEDLEY Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Follow-up on my comment from 11/5/08

*Consumer Comment: SMER Survey Pro Inc.

I RECIEVED A BOGUS LETTER AND VERY LEGIT LOOKING CHECK FROM THIS S.M.E.R. COMPANY TODAY 11/01/2008. IT INSTRUCTS ME TO SEND 105$ VIA MONEYGRAM TO SUSAN WITH MY REAL LAST NAME. THE CHECK LOOKS REALLY GOOD AND THEY WOULD HAVE "SCAMMED" ME BUT I WAS WONDERING WHY WOULD THEY SEND A LARGE CHECK IN A CHEESY ENVELOPE AND WITH LETTER WORK THAT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS MASS PRODUCED. I THEN CHECKED THE CHECK FOR WATER MARKS AND OTHER FEATURES, IT HAD NONE. THE PAPER FELT LIKE BASIC PRINTER PAPER. I CALLED BANK OF AMERICA AND WAS TOLD THE CHECK IS FAKE, AND DRAWN ON ANOTHER COMPANIES ACCOUNT. HAD I CASHED IT THE FUNDS WOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN TO ME BUT IN A WEEK OR TWO I WOULD BE IN TROUBLE FOR CASHING THE CHECK AND IN DEBT!!! I CALLED S.M.E.R. BUT GOT THE ANSWERING MACHINE THE FIRST FEW TIMES THE FINALLY GOT A WOMAN(MOST LIKELY "SUSAN" WHO TRIED TO GET ME TO CASH THE CHECK AND SEND THE 105$ FEE. I STARTED ASKING QUESTIONS AND SHE HUNG UP.

(TAJIER) Scammed in philly
PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2008 09:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SMER-SURVEY-PRO-INC-MYSTRY-SHOPPER/MEDLEY-Florida-33178/SMER-SURVEY-PRO-INC-MYSTRY-SHOPPER-SENT-CHECK-FOR-499500-ON-BANK-OF-AMERICA-ACCOUNT-387423. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on S.M.E.R SURVEY PRO INC (MYSTRY SHOPPER)

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Follow-up on my comment from 11/5/08

AUTHOR: Smartthanthem - (U.S.A.)

I have called the company (S.M.E.R.) who is named in this scam. I faxed them all of the documents and waited for response. When I did not receive anything I contacted them once again. This time the owner of the company emailed me and called me. He was wondering why his money was disappearing from this account. He forwarded what I faxed him to BofA's fraud department. They and he are now monitoring all activity on this account. He was very grateful that I contacted him. I did shred the phony check as I did not want any else using the check. I still have the emails if anyone needs to read them.

SMER Survey Pro Inc.

AUTHOR: Smartthanthem - (U.S.A.)

I have also received a letter and check from this company. I was leery the moment I saw a Canadian postage stamp. I called BofA and found that the routing number and account number on the check is valid. It belongs to a company named Star Medical Equipment Rental in Miami, FL. The address is similar, but the phone number is a cell phone in Canada. I contacted Star Medical and spoke to them and have faxed them a copy of what I received. We'll see what happens.