Complaint Review: SMG-Smart Game Shopper

• Submitted: Sat, March 26, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, March 26, 2011

• Reported By: Cindy — Los Gatos California United States of America
SMG-Smart Game Shopper
999 W Yamato Road,Suite 100,Baca Raton, FL 33431 Internet United States of America

SMG-Smart Game Shopper SMG LLC, other names. When used through Amazon.com Did not advise that I was signing up for $19.95 membership. Also said I received welcome letter which is wrong. Fraudulent Internet

In December 2010 I placed an order through Amazon.com.  Amazon.com has my billing information.  When I placed my order I don't remember having anything saying that the terms of the agreement included $19.95 monthly subscription fees.  Nor did I see anything displayed on the Billing & Shipping page during the checkout process.  In January 2011 I noticed my American Express statement had a charge of $19.95.  I filed a complaint with American Express. I also called the 800 number to the Vendor on my statement and it was not the same company listed as on the credit card statement.  In February I received another $19.95 charge.  I called the number again and the name was changed again to something else.  I went through the process on the phone to stop any further billing to my credit card.  However, American Express states that they deny my claim because SMG-smartgameshopper.com says they sent me the information.  Yes, I received the game I ordered, but nothing about a "Welcome Letter" or anything about a 19.95 monthly subscription fee.
Cindy-Los Gatos, CA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2011 12:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SMG-Smart-Game-Shopper/internet/SMG-Smart-Game-Shopper-SMG-LLC-other-names-When-used-through-Amazoncom-Did-not-advise-710559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SMG-Smart Game Shopper