Complaint Review: SOMEDIA NETWORKS

• Submitted: Fri, January 22, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, May 25, 2012

• Reported By: di0nysus — West Vancouver British Columbia Canada
225 W 8th Ave. Ste. 101 Vancouver BC Canada V5Y 1N Vancouver, British Columbia United States of America

SOMEDIA NETWORKS BBN3, SoMedia, George Fleming Rip Off. Fail to pay, entice the ignorant, sweatshop. Vancouver, British Columbia

*UPDATE Employee: Company Response

*Author of original report: Paid but not worth the effort

*General Comment: Follow up

I worked for these goofs for close to 1.5 years.  They were terribly unorganized and and used user generated content as the basis for their business model.  The problem is they don't pay the users for their content.

They promise hopes of national TV coverage for the work of upwards of 20-30 hours for a mere $50 dollars.  Once they approve the content, they don't pay.  I was on the production side in Vancouver and for a while they paid.

But once the shows got canceled due to investors pulling out (I can think of many reasons), the whole production team has yet to be paid, and this was 3-4 months ago.

At first, they said it would be delayed, then the phones no longer were answered by a person.  Now no replies to inquires are being made.  They have shut off contact from the outside world they have screwed over for the past 2 years.

Burning bridges in one town is a bad business model, but doing it internationally is going catchy up to you Georgy Boy.  By the way.  The person you want to sue, is George Fleming.

See you in court.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2010 09:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SOMEDIA-NETWORKS/Vancouver-British-Columbia-/SOMEDIA-NETWORKS-BBN3-SoMedia-George-Fleming-Rip-Off-Fail-to-pay-entice-the-ignorant-558419. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SOMEDIA NETWORKS

Company Response

AUTHOR: SoMedia Networks - (Canada)

We've been in business producing video content across North America since 2006.  Part of our early history included the production of a television show called VJIAM which highlighted the work of teen videographers across North America.  The show was distributed nationally in over 60 markets across the US during 2008 and 2009 and gave hundreds of young people their first opportunity to produce broadcast quality television content.

Today through our cloud based video content production platforms we provide resale, white-label, and on-demand video production services for hundreds of clients which include web services companies, digital agencies, publishers, and broadcasters.

We currently work with a nationwide network of over 3000 videographers and are incredibly proud of the fact that over the past 6 years we've developed and fostered strong, loyal business relationships with videographers, editors, producers and clients across North America.

Paid but not worth the effort

AUTHOR: di0nysus - (Canada)

After 6 months they finally paid me. It took numerous visits to their offices before the squeaky wheel got the grease. But in true SoMedia fashion, they didn't pay the tax on my invoice, so I get to pay the $144 out if my pocket.

For $400, I dunno what I'd do across the boarder. Up to you. For the record I know another guy who never got paid so don't assume just cause I bitched enough they'll cave.

Best of luck.

#3 General Comment

AUTHOR: Peter - (United States of America)

Hello my name is Peter. I was just wondering what the outcome of your complain was against BBN3. I just filed a report against that company. They owe me over $400 and told me they weren't going to pay me.

Thank you.