Door

• Submitted: Tue, January 10, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, January 10, 2012

• Reported By: imt43 — brooklyn New York United States of America
SONY

SONY sony rewards through CapitalOne credit card Redeemed points for 3 items and have not received my items, Internet

I have a Sony rewards card through CapitalOne credit card. Last month Sony rewards had a special promotion to redeem points for particular items by a certain date to receive by Christmas. I redeemed points for 3 items.

I received 1 item and it was NOT the one I ordered so I immediately contacted Sony rewards. I was assured by the representative that they would do an overnight for the correct item through Fedex and at the same time Fedex would pickup the wrong item. I stayed home the next day and noone came from Fedex. When I called Sony I was told that they dont know anything about it and until they receive the wrong item back they cant ship the right one. Fedex finally came after a week and only when I kept calling Sony since noone actually placed an order with Fedex to do a pickup.

It has now been 3 weeks since Sony received the WRONG item back and they have not shipped anything to me. I called them a few days ago and the representative could not tell me when my order of the 3 items will come since the one they made a mistake on has not even een shipped. The representative told me that they received the wrong item back and dont know when they will ship the correct one to me. They also dont know where the other 2 items are.

Sony rewards has taken the points away and although they promised last month in their advertisement to deliver by Christmas this is False Advertisement and Theft of points. The points are like cash and these points can only be used to redeem items listed in the Sony Rewards catalogue. Sony has not given me what I redeemed my points for and I am out of the points and dont have any of the 3 items.

Sony feels that they can get away with this because these items were not technically purchased, if this is the service I would receive through credit card purchase by now my credit card compnay would be involved. But, since this is only a points redemption Sony feels that they can act unprofessionally and unethically by taking my points away and not providing me with any items.

I had contacted CapitolOne credit card and they stated they cannot help me. I keep calling Sony and neither the customer support or the managers are able to assist me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2012 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SONY/internet/SONY-sony-rewards-through-CapitalOne-credit-card-Redeemed-points-for-3-items-and-have-not-820572. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SONY