• Report: #820061

*Author of original report: VIOLATION RESOLVED

*Author of original report: CASE RESOLVED

*UPDATE Employee: Violation Resolved

*Author of original report: SOUTH BAY EXPRESSWAY

*UPDATE Employee: Wed be happy to research this further ...

South Bay Express(SBE) sent me a notice of toll evasion for $2.50, dated 6Jan2012.  According to their record I did not pay the amount, and now I am charge with a total fee of $62.50. I am definitely not in agreement that I owe them that amount.  I barely use this highway because I do not need it on my daily commute.

On Dec 26, 2011, at around 6PM, we entered the toll and honestly paid as we exit.   As we exit, I slowed down and tried to drive as close as I can to reach the machine to pay.  I was not able to get that closed so I opened my door, reached and fed two 1-dollar bills, and dropped two quarters on the basket.  The lights went green then quickly turned to red.  I proceeded thinking it was a system error.  Well, with this notice, I believed it is a system error.

I challenge SBE to look at their log, validate the amounts received against the number of vehicles, and review the videos attached overhead.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2012 11:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SOUTH-BAY-EXPRESSWAY/San-Diego-California-92154/SOUTH-BAY-EXPRESSWAY-ERRONEOUS-NOTICE-OF-TOLL-EVASION-San-Diego-California-820061. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SOUTH BAY EXPRESSWAY

VIOLATION RESOLVED

AUTHOR: VGC - (United States of America)

Thank you for your quick response to resolve the issue.

CASE RESOLVED

AUTHOR: VGC - (United States of America)

Thank you for your quick response to resolve the issue.

Violation Resolved

AUTHOR: South Bay Expressway - (USA)

Hello VGC:

We pulled the video from your transaction and did find that your toll was in fact paid. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. This violation has now been closed. You will receive a dismissal notice in the next 7 to 10 business days for your records via mail.

Violations can be triggered when customers pass the automated cash and credit card machines and then back up their vehicles to pay, when a vehicle backs up before proceeding or when the customer delays proceeding onto the road after paying.

We apologize again for any inconvenience.

Regards,
South Bay Expressway

SOUTH BAY EXPRESSWAY

Citation # C116264030

Thank you for your quick reply.

VGC

Wed be happy to research this further ...

AUTHOR: South Bay Expressway - (USA)

Hello VGC:

Were sorry to hear you are having trouble with a citation for trips taken on South Bay Expressway and apologize for the extra steps you are having to take to resolve the problem. If your trip was in fact paid, you will not be double-charged. Unfortunately, its difficult for us to help you without more information. With over 25,000 transactions on that particular day, we can help you resolve this matter much faster with a little more information to isolate your particular trip.

Wed be happy to research this further if you could provide some more information such as a citation number so that we can look you up in our system. Please respond on this website or via e-mail customerservice@southbayexpressway.com and reference your Rip Off Report.

Were looking forward to helping resolve this matter.