Complaint Review: SOUTH DEKALB TOWING & TRANSPORT

• Updated: Sun, March 18, 2012

• Reported By: Da Lumpster — Decatur Georgia United States of America
SOUTH DEKALB TOWING & TRANSPORT
7043 ROGERS LAKE ROAD LITHONIA, Georgia United States of America

SOUTH DEKALB TOWING & TRANSPORT Totally Disregarded the Laws of the State of Georgia and Ripped Me off. I was charged for Seven (7) Days when my vehile was only there Six (6) Days. I called the other Two (2) Towing Companies for Dek LITHONIA, Georgia

Last time I checked 6/23 to 6/29 was only six (6) days, but I was told by the staff at South Dekalb Towing when I went to get my vehicle out of the impound it was seven (7), so as to not be ignorant to how towing companies count their days I contacted two (2) other towing companies in Dekalb County that Tow for Dekalb County as well, and they both told me that I was correct in my math. I had no choice on that day, but to pay for the seven days because the owner, whom the staff informed me was the only one that could deal with this error and he was not in and would not be back until the next day. They assured me he could straighten this matter out the next day. I began calling him for days at a time, and of course he would not call me back. I have contacted the State of Georgia and I was told that they are limited in making him pay me my money back, despite the fact that they agree that it was six days and not seven.

I did research on the matter and he was not even suppose to charge me for a day in the first twenty four hours according to Georgia Law (it states a towing charge of $125.00 only), but his secretary stated and I quote "Are we suppose to count impound days like the other companies do?" My reply was Yes if you operate Legally in the State of Georgia. She then stated well the owner aint here and hung up. I have been trying to get my money back for almost a year now, and I am without any income due to some very serious health issuses. I need help plain and simple.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2012 08:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SOUTH-DEKALB-TOWING-TRANSPORT/LITHONIA-Georgia-30058/SOUTH-DEKALB-TOWING-TRANSPORT-Totally-Disregarded-the-Laws-of-the-State-of-Georgia-and-855806. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SOUTH DEKALB TOWING & TRANSPORT