Complaint Review: SOUTH DEKALB TOWING & TRANSPORt

• Updated: Wed, March 20, 2013

• Reported By: RippedOffByDekalbCountyandSouthDeka — no one cares Georgia
SOUTH DEKALB TOWING & TRANSPORt
7043 Rogers Lake Road Lithonia, Georgia United States of America

SOUTH DEKALB TOWING & TRANSPORt They have fraudulent and deceptive approach to doing business. Unprofessional and downright shady. Lithonia , Georgia

The suspicion starts with the county of Dekalb.  My vehicle broke down in a residential neighborhood, I pushed it to the side of the street with the two passenger tires of the edge of the drainage running along side the road.  I was very conscience of positioning the vehicle in a safe a spot as I could.   It was no different than someone parking on the curb.  The vehicle was there less than 8 hours before a Dekalb county police had it towed.  I have a mechanic show up the next morning at approximately 9 am only to find the vehicle wasn't there.

After calling around I found that my vehicle had been towed to South Dekalb Towing and Transport.  The gentleman on the phone quoted me a price of $125, told me what I needed to bring.  Here is where the deception, in my opinion, began.  The web site clearly states and brags about being open 24/7 yet when I showed up at 7:00, I was told that the cashier window closes at 6.   I had driven 30 minutes for nothing.  The gentleman who greeted me at the door said that the additional charge would be $15.  The next day I was informed that the additional charge would be $30.  There aren't any posting ion the building or website that would indicate this.   They only give you limited info, knowing that by keeping info concealed they can charge any rate without recourse.   After stating my case to the desk clerk, he just rudely repeated the same info.

I wouldn't use these guys again if I was stranded in the middle of nowhere and they were the only towing company available.   I believe that the county of Dekalb is receiving a portion of the fee and the officers are encouraged to send vehicles to this corrupt company.   A county that is in totally disarray because of less than professional conduct continues to amaze me by ripping off it's citizens.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2013 07:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SOUTH-DEKALB-TOWING-TRANSPORt/Lithonia-Georgia-30058/SOUTH-DEKALB-TOWING-TRANSPORt-They-have-fraudulent-and-deceptive-approach-to-doing-busi-1036334. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SOUTH DEKALB TOWING & TRANSPORt