Complaint Review: SPA SERVICE

• Reported By:canton Michigan
SPA SERVICE
LIVONIA, Michigan U.S.A.

SPA SERVICE BAD ADVICE BY SPA SERVICE WAS EXPENSIVE! LIVONIA Michigan

On 12-24-08 I had a problem with my hot tub and and called Spa Service Inc. . They came over and fixed my hot tub and I have no problem with that.

However, when Chris the tech. was fixing my hot tub, he said that you know your hot tub was wired wrong? It was supposed to be done with copper wire and not aluminum. It is a fire hazard the way it sits.

So, I called the electrician and told him the spa tech. said that my hot tub you wired was wrong and not up to code because you did not use copper wire. He said I will come out and look at it, but I always use copper wire.

He came out and showed me that it is copper from the fuse box all the way around. This cost me $75 on top of the spa repair I had on the 24th.

I called Spa Service Inc. and told them I wanted to be reimbursed for their mistake and they said noway. It is not our problem that we were wrong, we were just trying to help you out by telling you this.

I would think that if they were really in business for 20 years like they said they were, that they would know if the tub was wired with copper wire or not!

Colin
canton, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2008 08:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SPA-SERVICE/LIVONIA-Michigan-48150/SPA-SERVICE-BAD-ADVICE-BY-SPA-SERVICE-WAS-EXPENSIVE-LIVONIA-Michigan-301523. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SPA SERVICE