Complaint Review: SPIRIT AIRLINES

• Updated: Fri, December 28, 2012

• Reported By:Guatemala Other
SPIRIT AIRLINES
6 AV 19-49 ZONA 10 GUATEMALA Guatemala, Other Guatemala

SPIRIT AIRLINES LOOKING FOR LAWYERS TO SUE SPIRIT AIRLINES I was phisically hurt... Ft Lauderdales FLORIDA

*Consumer Comment: SPIRIT - WORST AIRLINE EVER!

*Consumer Suggestion: Policy same for everyone

Today december 11 2007 i flew from Ft. Lauderdale to Guatemala City, Guatemala. Today i lived one of the worst experiences in my life. I got to the Ft. Lauderdale Airport on time requiered by your airline. I did my line same as everyone elso who was taking this flight. When i went up to the counter GREG STANDFORD asked me for my passport. Everything was going well. I was traveling with two bags, about 25 pounds each. Everything was going normal until he told me that only one bag was guaranteed to travel and the other might stay. You can understand my frustration and i explain to him that the day after tomorrow there was a chance that i might be traveling to Mexico therefore i could not leave one bag behind. The conversation turns less friendly by the minute which to this point i completely understand. I even offered to buy an extra ticket so my bag could have a guaranteed space.( My original ticket cost $500.00 mine was not a $9 dollar ticket) and again he said it couldn't be done. He asked me to sign a paper saying that it was ok for one of my bags to stay and I did not want to sign it because at it was not ok for one of my two bags to stay because when i purchased my ticked no one acknowledge me of this policy. Here is were things got out of hand. First he said to me "are you stupid or something if you want the bag to go you have to sign". I could not belive my ears but again i was not OK with one bag staying behind. At this point there was a pen in the counter in front of me with the paper that i was supposed to sing. He grabs the pen and pulls it back abruptly towards him leaving a huge scrath in my arm, which by the way i showd the Manager from Spirit Airlines here in Guatemala , At this point I was really upset but also shocked that this was happening, Followed by the scrath in my he rips the white tags from my bag and throws the bag at me saying this bag is staying and he called "Next!!!!" as if we were done speaking. I cannot even begin to describe my feeling at this point, I had been humiliated infront of everyone, phisically hurt, my bag thrown at me and insulted for trying to get my two prepaid allowd bags home with me. Of course i called the person in charge of spirit sadly he could not care less. He said this was the policy and i asked, is it policy to phisically hurt, insult, and humilite your pasangers, his answer was do you want the bags to go or not. Of course i signed the paper hoping that one of my bags would come. Surprise!! neither bags came. NOT the Guaranteed one, not the signed one. None.( Bar codes nk 885815- nk 885814). I hope this was a coincidence and not intentional to further damage me by Mr. Standford and the Ft. Lauderdale Spirit team.

As for my actions, again i don't think anyone should go through for what i just went through, i hope this letter reaches someone in your company that can prevent this from happening, I am writing it to share my discontent, frustration, humiliation, hurt and physical abuse from Mr. Greg Standford and the Spirit team in Fort Lauderdale Airport. I will also seek legal expertise both in Miami and Guatemala to make sure at least to me, that this does not happen again.

Enrique
Guatemala
Guatemala

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2007 03:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SPIRIT-AIRLINES/Guatemala-Other/SPIRIT-AIRLINES-LOOKING-FOR-LAWYERS-TO-SUE-SPIRIT-AIRLINES-I-was-phisically-hurt-Ft-Lau-294595. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SPIRIT AIRLINES

SPIRIT - WORST AIRLINE EVER!

AUTHOR: randall54 - (United States of America)

Spirit is ther worst airline in the history of aviation. The word is out, if you fly Spirit you desrve the hell they will put you through. After the hiddden fees and gouging you won't save crap. pay the extra $10 and fly a real airline.

SPIRIT AIRLINE SUCKS... BAD!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

I wasn't aware of Spirit's baggage policy. I have flown hundreds of thousands of miles and have never heard of an airline where you cannot check two bags. Why anyone would fly on Spirit Airlines is beyond me. The only "Spirit" I can see exemplified is a spirit of poverty -one bag, charges for soft drinks as I recall, etc etc. I wonder how the leg room is or perhaps you sit along the side like a C-130. Not for me. I pity anybody who flies on this pathetic airline.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

#5 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Jessica - (U.S.A.)

I'm sorry you had to go through all of that drama at the airport......however, the Spirit Airlines website clearly states that only one checked bag is allowed per ticketed traveler...unless you make arrangements with the airline in advance (see below).

Next time you fly, I would suggest confirming all of the carrier's policies before heading off to the airport.

BAGGAGE POLICIES
Spirit Airlines can only guarantee the transportation of one (1) item as checked luggage per fare paying customer. Additional bags will be accepted only when reserved in advance on www.spiritair.com. If not reserved, Spirit cannot guarantee that there will be space for additional bags and will not be held responsible for any additional items brought to the airport by the customer. Please note that space is extremely limited on certain flights into select markets and may rarely be available in those markets.**

#6 Consumer Suggestion