Complaint Review: SPIRIT AIRLINES

• Updated: Tue, February 12, 2013

• Reported By: JSTOLLER — Thornton Colorado United States of America
SPIRIT AIRLINES
2800Executive Way Miramar, Florida United States of America

SPIRIT AIRLINES FLIGHT CANCELLED - WORST EXPERIENCE FLYING EVER Miramar, Florida

I will probably get the same reaction with this post as I have received from everyone else with Spirit Airlines, which is they really could not care less, but I need to get some things off my chest. Me and my family were supposed to fly to Fort Lauderdale, FL on Flight 970 at 12:46 am on January 20, 2013 and arrive at 6:41 am on January 20, 2013. We were going on a cruise leaving from Miami and we were supposed to be on the ship no later than 3:00 pm. Spirit did not notify us our flight had been changed and was flying to Chicago and then to Fort Lauderdale to arrive at 10:15 pm on January 20 - which of course would not have worked sinceour cruise ship left at 3:00 pm. I was not aware of this until I went to check in Saturday night. We went to the ticket counter to try to talk to someone and the people there were very rude and walked away. They didn't really care. OBVIOUSLY, customer service is not high on their priorities at Spirit. We had to purchase tickets from American Airlines who, by the way, bent over backwards to help us and make sure we got there on time. Spirit may want to take lessons from them.

Anyway, all of that was out of pocket and we did finally make the cruise. Then, they also changed our return flight. We were scheduled to leave Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 9:35 pm arriving in Denver at 11:59 pm (Flight 970). So, we ended up not getting to go home until Monday night at 9:35 and they flew us to LA with a 5 hour layover and then on to Vegas and then to Denver. The most absurd thing I have ever heard. The lady taking our boarding passes to go to LA even said, why aren't you taking a direct flight to Denver. ARE YOU FRICKING KIDDING ME??? Spirit's own people have no idea what is going on? The flights were horrible the planes were horrible, the attendants were horrible. We had to pay for a car rental, a hotel a day in Florida and lost wages for Tuesday. I also had floor seats to the Denver Nuggets game on Monday night that was my Christmas present from my son I did notget to use. Of course, I know, Spirit does not care. I have sent an email to Spirit but, of course, they are not going to do anything to make this right. PEOPLE - DO NOT TRY AND SAVE MONEY AND USE THIS AIRLINE - UNLESS OF COURSE YOU DO NOT HAVE ANYWHERE TO GO AND ANY TIME TO GET THERE!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2013 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SPIRIT-AIRLINES/Miramar-Florida-33025/SPIRIT-AIRLINES-FLIGHT-CANCELLED-WORST-EXPERIENCE-FLYING-EVER-Miramar-Florida-1012901. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SPIRIT AIRLINES