Complaint Review: SPIRIT AIRLINES

• Updated: Tue, July 17, 2012

• Reported By: MBOrr — Mount Pleasant Michigan United States of America
SPIRIT AIRLINES

SPIRIT AIRLINES INEPT CUSTOMER SERVICE and STOLEN CREDIT , Internet

I feel so powerless right now and taken advantage of. I had purchased a flight with SPIRIT and had to cancel due my husbands health. I was issued a credit to be used within 60 days which I repeatedly tried to use on their website. For almost 2 weeks, each time I tried to book my flight online with the credit, I received a pop up window stating the web site was having difficulties and to try again in 24 hours. I avoided calling because the prices are more expensive over the phone and they will charge you a fee for reservations booked over the phone. However, getting close to my credit expiring, I called..... 4 times. Each time I was on hold for over an hour and a half. I have a job and a family, I couldn't wait that long. Eventually, I was able to get through on the 5th time.... after 1 hour. I was told by a very nice and professional customer service agent from the middle east the problem would be fixed in 24 - 48 hours and to call back and I would be issued a new confirmation number and would then be able to use my credit online.

By this point, the credit had expired but he said that was not an issue and they would take care of it. I called again 3 days later for that new confirmation number and was told they would need another 24-48 hours to fix the problem. This worried me even more so I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told the same thing, but that she would personally take over my situation and call me on Monday with my confirmation number. I was begged to trust them and reassured over and over they would take care of my issue. Monday came, no phone call. I called again today and was told they still needed another 24-48 hours. I was also told they have NO phone numbers for any other departments in SPIRIT's company and they have to do everything by emails. WHAT?!!!! Though the representatives you're talking to are kind, they are inept at taking care of your issues. The policies of SPIRIT Airlines are despicable and designed to frustrate you so much, you give up, and they get to keep your money.

I'm so angry and feel so powerless, I want to cry. Is there anything else I can do to fight this? I follow the rules and don't expect anything more than what is fair. I followed their rules and it seems their policies are set up completely to exploit the trust of their customers. PLEASE can anyone help?!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2012 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SPIRIT-AIRLINES/internet/SPIRIT-AIRLINES-INEPT-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-and-STOLEN-CREDIT-Internet-913312. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SPIRIT AIRLINES