Complaint Review: SPRINT NEXTEL

• Submitted: Mon, August 27, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, August 27, 2007

• Reported By:Ann Arbor Michigan
SPRINT NEXTEL
www.sprintpcs.com Carol Stream, Illinois U.S.A.

SPRINT NEXTEL BILLING FAILURES, UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES - 4 Months and Running Ripoff Carol Stream Illinois

Four months ago Sprint stopped sending me their "highly valued" email bills (they had urged me years ago to go paperless). They then the following month added a late fee for failure to pay the bill (that they never sent). Having discovered this when visiting my account on line, I called to have the problem rectified.

The agent was completely unable to comprehend the problem, and why I would want to have a late fee removed. After 40 minutes of repeatedly stating the problem and insisting on receiving a paper bill to protect myself, I succeeded in getting them to remove the charge, and send me paper bills. TWO paper bills arrived within a week. The story does not end.

The next month: no bill (either paper or electronic). When I checked on my account on line: with out my authorization the new monthly charge included the addition of a service I never requested. So I had two reasons to call: to get a bill, and to get the new service and the charge removed. That took 45 minutes (again) of repeatedly explaining the situation, asking for appropriate action, and finally getting the person to assure me I would get a printed bill and that the amount would be changed. The new amount was $8 less than what my bill should be ... but amazingly enough (and stupidly on my part) I tried to explain that they were now UNDERCHARGING me. They could not understand that, so I guess I got $8 for two months of problems.

This month (August): guess what? No bill! When I looked on line: I now am getting a MONTHLY CREDIT for the service I no longer have. So, honest guy I am I call: to have them charge me the appropriate amount ($7 more), and to get a bill. Well, they assured me I would get a bill ... but could not understand the fact that the amount was too little.

I am caught in SPRINT HELL ... incompetent people, unable to understand my concerns, and if they do understand them, to remember what it is they heard, and then ultimately unable to do anything about it for the long run.

Tom
Ann Arbor, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2007 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SPRINT-NEXTEL/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60197/SPRINT-NEXTEL-BILLING-FAILURES-UNAUTHORIZED-CHARGES-4-Months-and-Running-Ripoff-Carol-S-270622. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SPRINT NEXTEL