Complaint Review: SPRINT PCS

• Submitted: Sat, August 30, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, September 07, 2008

• Reported By:HARLINGEN Texas
SPRINT PCS
P.O. BOX 219554 KANSAS CITY, Missouri U.S.A.

SPRINT PCS - WEST ASSET MANAGEMENT SAID I AUTOMATICALLY RENEWED AND REPORT TO MY CR REPORT WRITE OFF OF $150 KANSAS CITY Missouri

*Consumer Suggestion: I went through the same thing.....

SPRINT and WEst Asset Management has reported to my credit report a write off of $150.00. They say I automatically renewed because I did not come in or call and cancel.....

Their representative or some person from Sprint said they would find a recording or other written evidence that I did renew my contract with you. She said this would take about 60 days, more or less, but I would receive it in mail.

I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANYTHING FROM THEIR COMPANY SHOWING I RENEWED ANY SERVICE AGREEMENT.

Furthermore, NO company has the right to renew anyone without their knowledge and acceptance. And then charge them for supposedly canceling a contract that never existed.

Sprint service left me without any cellular service for 4 days, 4 business days and that was just the end of a LONG series of very poor service.

I was a loyal customer for about 10 years until their service changed. Now,their service remains in the same pattern as "very poor" as I cannot get any correspondence or evidence which they claim I have "automatically" renewed my contract with them. Again, I DO NOT OWE THIS DEBT.

I am requesting that they remove their negative comments from my credit report and by copy of this letter to my attorney, and the Better Business Bureau, and the three credit reporting agencies, hope to be hearing from them soon, in order to avoid proceeding further with legal action to clear this from my credit report.

Pauline
HARLINGEN, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2008 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SPRINT-PCS/KANSAS-CITY-Missouri-64121-9554/SPRINT-PCS-WEST-ASSET-MANAGEMENT-SAID-I-AUTOMATICALLY-RENEWED-AND-REPORT-TO-MY-CR-REPORT-368432. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SPRINT PCS

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I went through the same thing.....

AUTHOR: P - (U.S.A.)

They claimed I had owed money when I canceled my service. I did not. My final and last bill stated $0. Three months later, I get a letter from a collection agency claiming I owed Sprint $125! I never even recieved a bill from Sprint! The last bill I recieved was the bill that stated I used 0 minutes and owed $0. I called Sprint several times. The first time the representatvie told me it was the cost for my last bill-since they bill a month in advance. I figured if thats the case; they owe me money since I was paying a month ahead! When I called again, some evil representative insisted that I renewed my contract by phone! I asked them to prove to me how & when did I renew my contract when I my old contract expired several months prior. They even had notes on file from the representative that I spoke to several month prior confirming that my contract had expired. I called and made sure! She then told me she would need to send my complaint to a "Account Manager". I was promised someone would call me within 3-5 business days. I never got that phone call. I called them for 2 months, and left 5 messages for a return phone call from this so called "Account Manager". I never, ever got that phone call.

When I was applying for an apartment, Sprint showed up on my credit report. I was fuming mad. When I called Sprint, they gave me the same Old Business about this Account Manager that was going to call me in 5 business days. I never got that phone call either! I had enough. I just disputed it with the credit reporting agency, and sent them a certified letter about my complaint. I then followed up with a phone call. I was informed that the debt would be removed from my credit since Sprint had not provided the proof necessary to prove I owed the debt. Transunion representative told me it would be removed from my credit and that I would get a confirmation letter in the mail-which I did. She also told me that she gets many complaints from Sprint-that many times the charge gets removed because they do not get a timely response from Sprint. This was about 6 years ago, but I am sure the same procedures apply. My advice to you: Dispute it with the credit bureaus, and keep copies of all letters you may send to sprint. Make sure they are certified letters with return reciepts. I swear this company stays in business by falsely charging thier customers.

I wish you well.