Complaint Review: SPRINT

• Updated: Wed, January 23, 2013

• Reported By: judith — Richmond Virginia USA
SPRINT
sprint.com Richmond, Virginia United States of America

SPRINT SPRINT refers bogus bill to collections 4 years after account closed Richmond, Virginia

In June of 2009, I settled my account with Sprint and closed it since I was leaving to work overseas the next month. I had received a final statement showing a -0- balance. Now, 4 years later while still overseas, my sister sends me a scanned copy of a bill from a collection agency on behalf of Sprint demanding settlement of my balance for $202.47 but will gladly accept $101.24 until March 2013. This is outrageous. Do I still have a copy of that final bill of 2009? I doubt it. I wonder how I should handle this. I've been told if I call Sprint, they will advise me to deal with the collection agency which certainly will not be sympathetic or informative since their sole objective is to make money. Should I contact the Labor & Consumer Affairs Complaints Division in Washington, D.C.? Someone suggested I pay this small amount but what is to prevent them from doing this again? As a matter of principle and knowing I settled all my final bills before departure, I am not handing over $100 of my hard earned money. Advice anyone?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2013 12:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SPRINT/Richmond-Virginia-23060/SPRINT-SPRINT-refers-bogus-bill-to-collections-4-years-after-account-closed-Richmond-Vi-1001651. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SPRINT