Complaint Review: SPRINT

• Updated: Sun, July 22, 2012

• Reported By: dhilsdon — Ivanhoe Texas United States of America
SPRINT

SPRINT SPRINT PCS Warranty, Insurance Internet

I joined SPRINT in January 2012.  When I joined the service, I purchased two HTC phones with the service.  In July 2012, one of those phone would not boot.  All the boot options were exhausted and a Factory Reset was conducted, this shut the phone down completely.  I contacted Tech Support and they gave me a Report number and said I had to return the phone to a SPRINT Store, 60 miles away.  The phone was taken to a SPRINT Store in North Little Rock, AR where the staff confirmed the phone had crashed and needed to be replaced, yet they could not replace the phone.  I was also informed I would be charged a $35 Service Charge to warranty the phone.  The warranty was a factory warranty, but SPRINT collected the $35.  I was also informed that had I purchased insurance for $8/month, I would not have to pay the service charge and the phone would be replaced on the spot.  This is wrong! Insurance and warranty should not connect.  I purchased a $259 with the understanding it would outlast the 1-year warranty and if not it would be replaced by HTC.  The problem seems to be you cannot deal with HTC, but a middle man (SPRINT) who charges $35 to service that warranty.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2012 07:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SPRINT/internet/SPRINT-SPRINT-PCS-Warranty-Insurance-Internet-915644. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SPRINT