Complaint Review: S&R Insurance

• Reported By: Jane — St. Robert Missouri United States of America
S&R Insurance
360-2 Old Rt 66 St. Robert, Missouri United States of America

S&R Insurance Steve Reece Dishonest and Deceitful St. Robert, Missouri

This company ran info and gave us quotes based on the information given, which was accurate.  We paid the fees to join and the very next billing cycle they tried to raise our payment from $166 to $208. After one month we cancelled the insurance and went back to State Farm.  Now they are trying to bill us because they said it wasn't cancelled correctly and are trying to charge us a $164 fee for cancelling within 6 months.  They reinstated our insurance just to cancel it, which don't make sense and are intending to debit my checking account for $437! Nobody can answer our questions or get this fixed!

My husband tried a couple of times to discuss the $164 fee that they are trying to bill after our insurance was cancelled with no resolve.  Mr. Reece indicated it was a 10% fee for cancelling within 6 months, but my husband was told by an employee at the headquarters that Mr. Reece had not entered our insurance into the system correctly to begin with.  My husband and I have had issues with this company within our first month of business with them and because of all of the issues relating we told Mr. Reece we didn't feel like it was fair to us to charge us that fee.

An conversation between my husband and Mr. Reece led to him reducing the fee down to $100 saying that if we paid that he would call it even.  Still no resolve, so my husband called Mr. Reece back to continue that conversation and Mr. Reece interupted him by saying "I will just take care of every damn thing" and hung up on my husband.  How professional is that? Now I am not sure what to do or what can be done.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2012 02:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SR-Insurance/St-Robert-Missouri-65584/SR-Insurance-Steve-Reece-Dishonest-and-Deceitful-St-Robert-Missouri-876186. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on S&R Insurance