Complaint Review: SRC-an Aetna Company

• Submitted: Tue, February 12, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, February 12, 2008

• Reported By:anywhere Missouri
SRC-an Aetna Company
PO Box 23759 Columbia, South Carolina U.S.A.

SRC-an Aetna Company Failure to pay, this companyy told one lie after another! When I sent certified papers, they closed the claim! This is the worst nightmare I have ever come across!! Columbia South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Enjoy the world of "private health insurance choice" promoted by the Republican candidates

This Co. is as close to fraud as you can get. None of the employees seem to know what is going on? or do they? They don't return phone calls, they deny receiving faxes, or requested information via mail. I talked to lot's of employees & took names down! When I sent the requested copies*** Again*** I sent certified. A signature was required. I called 15 days after signature & was told the claim was canceled. First thing I was asked was, Did I ever supply them with requested information? Of course. Only about 4 times. They continued to say they didn't receive! Once they received the certified & had to sign....they canceled the claim. What's wrong with this picture???

At one time in the mail, I received in the same envelope 3 claims of the same yet they give them all 3 different claim numbers! 2 said they were paid. One said the claim was denied. When I called them, they could NOT tell me which one I should believe! I called the provider & they said they did not pay!!
I kid you not, this is a horrible company!

Someone is not doing their job! Someone is possibly pocketing the claim money!!

I am so furious! The provider of service was as annoyed as I was/am.

R & J
anywhere, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2008 06:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SRC-an-Aetna-Company/Columbia-South-Carolina-29224-3759/SRC-an-Aetna-Company-Failure-to-pay-this-companyy-told-one-lie-after-another-When-I-sent-308408. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SRC-an Aetna Company

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

who themselves have probably never had private health insurance.

Add other private health insurance benefits such as pre-existing conditions, policy death spirals (see Consumer Reports Jan '08 for an explanation), and the joy of 30 cents of every premium dollar going into "Administrative Overhead", versus 1 cent of every premium dollar going into "Administrative Overhead" for Medicare.

Don't you love "freedom of choice" instead of "single payer"?