Complaint Review: SRQ Marine

• Updated: Tue, July 24, 2012

• Reported By: anonymous — Sarasota Florida United States of America
SRQ Marine
2140 51st Street Sarasota, Florida United States of America

SRQ Marine Richard Allen Worst fiberglass restoration from A to Z. Cut every corner possible in materials and labor. Lies 100% of the time. Sarasota , Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Can't please Park T****!

*Author of original report: Boat Still Not Repaired

*Consumer Comment: Satisfied Customer

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: worst fiber glass restoration from A-Z

The worse fiberglass restoration I have ever experienced in my life.  Everything out of this mans mouth sounds great and will get you excited about a boat project.  But this guy is full of crap 99.9% of the time----he will tell you just what you want to here and do the bare bones of what he sold you on if that.

This boat is still unfinished and will have to find a PROFESSIONAL GLASS REPAIR PERSON to fix what needs to be fixed and also what was not finished.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2012 12:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SRQ-Marine/Sarasota-Florida-34234/SRQ-Marine-Richard-Allen-Worst-fiberglass-restoration-from-A-to-Z-Cut-every-corner-possi-887625. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SRQ Marine

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Can't please Park T****!

AUTHOR: Richard Allen - ()

I first found out about ripoff report because Park T**** the owner of a Boston Whaler I worked on could not be satisfied no mater how hard I tried. I continued to try to make him happy but he was not intrested then nor is he now in resolving this problem. I would like to post the whole story but I rather tell the true story to anyone that is concerned about SRQ marine or Richard Allen. He authors his complaint as anonymous but his name is Park T**** of Sarasota Florida. Any boat repair shops beware, he is impossible to satisfy and will try to change the scope of work as he goes and say it was promised to him.

I Richard Allen owner of SRQ marine services LLC is committed to our customers satisfaction and will do anything to achive this. This includes Park T**** of Sarasota Florida.

I can allways be reached at 941-685-9434.

Boat Still Not Repaired

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

What an eye sore on the side of my house.  I spent 6,000.00 to have my boat restored with new floor, new gas tanks, new everything, ready to be painted and rigged for the Florida waters.  Richard Allen did far from what was written on a repair work order and what he promised to me and my family.

I now am trying to digest why it is going to cost me at the very lease 3,000.00 additional dollars to repair and complete this boat project.  To spend 9,000.00 is flat out crazy and just not right---------but I am to far into in now if I want to go fishing or diving in the future.

This is a very sore subject because my wife and I have owned our boat for the past 15 years, and have been diving and fishing on it almost every weekend.   Our thinking was to restore our old boat like new so one day we could pass down, not only our passion for enjoying the waters/islands but most important a reliable safe boat for our two little girls.

Satisfied Customer

AUTHOR: Very Satisfied Customer - ()

I was alarmed to read the report about SRQ Marine by the previous disgruntled customer.  Richard was recommended to me by two fiberglass shops in Sarasota.  My job was a small one.  I own a 22 foot bay boat and wanted my decking repaired after the previous marine installer in Atlanta installed a new leaning post but did not do an adequate job of repairing the old footprint of the old leaning post.

Richard came to my marina in Sarasota to look at my boat.  Gave me a firm estimate and clearly explained it would be difficult to match the non skid exactly.  I also had him add two rod holders in the bow.  He installed the rod holders perfectly.  He called me about the decking saying the manufacturer sent him the wrong pattern.  Since time was limited, he did a temporary repair and offered to fix it at no cost the next time I had my boat in Sarasota (I keep it in Atlanta half the year).

Two weeks ago, I decided to upgrade my electronics.  I contacted Richard first since I knew he did electronics and fiberglass repair. My dashboard had a sloppy starboard backing that held my chartplotter, VHF radio and stereo.  I wanted to upgrade to a larger chartplotter.  It would require removing the starboard and relocating the VHF and stereo and replacing the starboard with fiberglass.

Richard assured me he could do everything.  He did EXACTLY what he promised.  In addition, he added a macerator pump to a fish box that used to drain into my bilge.  He rerouted the drain and added the pump.

Everything works perfectly.  The fiberglass work is perfect.  I am happy to share before and after photos to prove the quality of the work.

I hope the previous angry customer would not post unless he/she is willing to contact Richard to give him a chance to resolve his/her issues.

Anyone with questions can contact me via e-mail at busham@bellsouth.net.  I am happy to share photos and my experience with Richard.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

worst fiber glass restoration from A-Z

AUTHOR: Richard Allen - (United States of America)

My name is Richard Allen and I am the owner of SRQ marine services, located in Sarasota, Florida.

Out of the hundreds of jobs we have completed at SRQ marine services I have not had any jobs returned or any customers disappointed.

If a customer would be disappointed for any reason, we would make every effort to satisfy them. As the owner of SRQ marine services I stand behind all of our work.

I don't fully understand the Ripoff Report website where anyone including my competition can level an anonymous complaint. I don't know the origin of this complaint, but if it is a customer of SRQ marine services we are more than willing to satisfy any deficiency they have found in our work. As of today 7/24/12 we have not received a single complaint.

If this is a legitimate complaint, please contact Richard Allen, owner of SRQ marine services to discuss  any problems that you might have at 941-685-9434.