Complaint Review: STA Processing

• Updated: Wed, March 19, 2014

• Reported By: latinwman1 — Jacksonville Florida
STA Processing
new york, New York USA

STA Processing Advising a debt collector for a check cashing place in Ohio new york New York

An individual called me on my cell from phone number 866-680-7245 and stated they have been trying to locate me but had moved around a lot.  States they are collecting for this payday company in which I never seen papers given to me and also seems I supposedly have a case against me for writing a check that was insufficient and could never be collected.  I do not remember having anything against me and pulled my credit bureau report and no such information is currenty showing any status for anyone of such nature.  I also feel that they did an injustice by looking at somone's credit and deciding to initimidate me with such information.   They attacked me by saying that I will prosecuted to the fullest extent and that I could lose my job as I will be charged with a misdemenor on behalf of writing a bad check with no funds in it.  This was an account that was paid and I should have never been advised of nature of this.  Shame on these individuals who try to get money from everyone the wrong way.  There are statues of limitation within the US and these are the ones who know this and try to get away with it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2014 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/STA-Processing/new-york-New-York/STA-Processing-Advising-a-debt-collector-for-a-check-cashing-place-in-Ohio-new-york-New-Y-1131860. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on STA Processing