Complaint Review: STACEY JILL BAIGENT

• Updated: Thu, August 25, 2011

• Reported By: K — los angeles California United States of America
STACEY JILL BAIGENT
2510 PACIFIC AVE VENICE, California United States of America

STACEY JILL BAIGENT STACEY BAIGENT WEISS, SCAM ARTIST, HAS VARIOUS WEBSITES CLAIMING SHE IS A SEAMSTRESS, THERAPIST, PSYCHIC, & NAIL TECHNICIAN VENICE, California

*Author of original report: MATTER RESOLVED

*General Comment: Sewing by Stacey An Amazing Creative Woman

STACEY J BAIGENT PHOTO HERE
ADDITIONAL PHOTO HERE

I am an amateur designer, and I recently required the services of an experienced seamstress to make a prototype of an item of clothing out of fabrics and documents supplied by me, and to produce a "master pattern" of the garment.

I searched the Los Angeles Craigslist classifieds in the "creative services" section, using the keyword "seamstress",  I found an ad with the title "for your creative services" (as of 06/19/11, the title now says "Do you wish?") that said:
"Technical designer, pattern maker and seamstress........... is looking for clients ready to produce. [continued below]....
...........Do you have great ideas but need help taking your project to the next level.I can help you take your design or idea from conception to completion. Yes I can make a pattern from a sketch or copy an already made product for samples. Perhaps you need help creating the prototype. I am a creative designer as well as a seamstress. I can help you with all of your sewing needs, specializing in samples, pattern-making, prototypes and small lot production. I can bring your ideas to life in a timely matter. I work on location or in my studio. Yes, I do alterations, bikinis, costumes, dresses, skirts, pants, handbags, interior items such as duvet covers, pillow cases, recover pillows, chairs, furniture, etc. If it needs to be sewn I can do it. I look forward to working with you. Stacey 310-486-8441"
I called the number and explained to Stacey what I needed, and she quoted me $80. We agreed that I would give her a personal check for $50 up front and then when the project was done, she would give me back the check and I would give her $80 cash or she could cash the check and I'd give her the $30 when it was done. This was on June 4, and she said she would have the project finished by June 6, and she would keep in touch meanwhile. She asked me to drop off the supplies at Roosterfish, a gay bar/pub in Venice, (hindsight 20/20, I guess her asking to meet at a bar in the early afternoon was a sign that she wasn't the best choice) and I gave her the supplies and check and asked her to sign a NDA form. She was very pleasant and agreeable and accomodating.

On June 6, I attempted to call her on her cell phone and got no answer and no return call. This went on for the rest of that week. When she finally answered my call on June 10, she told me that she almost had it done and would have it ready by June 11. I did not hear from her and could not reach her again until June 15. By this time I was fed up with waiting and told her she could keep the check for $50, all I wanted was the material and documents I gave to her on June 4. She then proceeded to yell at me about "wasting her time" and "wasting all the work she did for nothing", saying she wasn't able to get ahold of because she had to go to Las Vegas because of an emergency. Then she hung up on me.

She continued to ignore my attempts to contact her through email and phone calls until June 18, where she agreed to meet me at Lincolns Fabrics in Venice, CA. I told her I would bring her $50 despite the horrible service she gave me, and she was fine with that. Then as I'm about to leave to meet her, she calls me back and says that if I dont give her $75 cash, she will throw all of my stuff in the trash. Then she hung up on me and has since avoided all attempts ay contact by me.

I went back to her ad on Craigslist and could not find it at first, she now has it under a new title. "Do you wish?" in the creative services section. Using Google search on her email address and phone number, I found her listed as Stacey J. Baigent in the International Fashion Registry for California website as #1269, member since 09/23/2008 with address listed as 2510 Pacific Ave., Venice CA 90291 and phone number listed as 310-306-3353.

I did a Google search on her name and found http://looking4therapy.com/, a therapy services website that lists her as STACEY J. BAIGENT, MA, MFTI #49583 with the business address as 3201 WILSHIRE BLVD, SUITE #209, SANTA MONICA, CA 90403 (In association with the private practice of Mary K. Cocharo, MFT, Imago Specialist.) I know this is her because her picture is on the webpage.

Using Google search again, I found http://www.greenblissecospa.com/staff.htm This is the GREEN BLISS ECO SPA staff page, listing her as a Nail Technician, therapist and PSYCHIC! Her description reads: "Very few nail technicians can boast that they are also a relationship specialist and psychic.  With a Masters in Clinical Psychology, Stacey knows how to make her guests feel at home and pampered at the same time. Stacey brings years of experience and great energy to all of her appointments.  As a trained nail technician her treatments always leave you feeling your best."

Here is more info I collected about her:

ALIASES :     STACEY JILL BAIGENT (WEISS)
                    STACEY JILL WEISS

jillbdesigns@aol.com
staceybaigent@looking4therapy.com
staceyjbaigent@gmail.com

RELATED WEBSITES
http://www.fashions.org/registry/seamstresses/california.php  SEAMSTRESS #1269 MEMBER SINCE 09/23/08

www.mylife.com/staceybaigentweiss

www.mylife.com/c-2675394527

http://looking4therapy.com/ - 3201 WILSHIRE BLVD
                                                      SUITE #209
                                                      SANTA MONICA, CA 90403

http://www.greenblissecospa.com/index.html - GREEN BLISS ECO SPA
http://www.greenblissecospa.com/staff.htm GREEN BLISS STAFF PAGE

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2011 07:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/STACEY-JILL-BAIGENT/VENICE-California-90291/STACEY-JILL-BAIGENT-STACEY-BAIGENT-WEISS-SCAM-ARTIST-HAS-VARIOUS-WEBSITES-CLAIMING-SHE-742633. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on STACEY JILL BAIGENT

MATTER RESOLVED

AUTHOR: geewayxoxo - (United States of America)

STACEY HAS RETURNED THE ITEMS TO ME AS WELL AS THE CHECK.

#2 General Comment

Sewing by Stacey An Amazing Creative Woman

AUTHOR: Cyndi - (United States of America)

I hired Stacey to do a project for me, after findng her ad on Craigslist. The ad caught my eye as I had an idea in my head ~ I needed someone to "take my idea to the next level" . Stacey provided me with a sketch, from my explanation, and helped me with my idea "from conception to completion." She created the prototype, in a timely manner for a reasonable price. I met her at a cute little bar on Main near Abbott Kinney, (we both reside near Venice, CA.)

Stacey is also a therapist and nail technician with many clients, who are thrilled to have her. The person who wrote the comment obviously has a mental defect, or some sort of disconnect from reality for more reasons than I can name, but I will start with a few. First, use your real name if you are going to slander someone, ~ User322766, Second your check probably bounced, Third you really must have a lot of time on your hands to write this much nonsense for $50.00m Fourth, if you woul have a little patience you would have received exactly what you asked for.

I believe Stacey provides the client with what she can based on their request, and if she can't she won't take the work.

Stacey is a very special person who is creative, smart, and a visionary.