knees

• Updated: Wed, February 01, 2012

• Reported By: Fred — jasper Florida United States of America
STARTECH COMPUTER STORE
109 NW Spring Hill Ct Lake City, Florida United States of America

STARTECH COMPUTER STORE - BRYANT D. JENNINGS, Owner of STARTECH sold me a used compac home pc (main frame only) for $150 with the verbal agreement that it had a 90 day warranty. After two weeks it locked up!! I returned the unit but he said "I should have bought a Internet

*Author of original report: Still No Resolve, Probably NEVER will

*Author of original report: Still No Resolve, Probably NEVER will

*Consumer Comment: WTF!?!?!?!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Where to begin?

Bryant D. Jennings, The gay who owns STARTECH Computer shit of Lake City, Florida had talked me into buying a used Dell Laptop with the partial money from a sale of an other computer he had sold me (and would not repair after it malfunctioned). I paid a total of $310. Some was cash, $50 was from the previus purchase & the rest was billed to my credit card.

On the way home from his shop, the laptops' cursor began to wander uncontrolingly. I returned it within 2 weeks to be repaired. When I picked it up 2 weeks later, the battery compartment broke and I returned it again for repair. He called to say that he did not have the parts to fix this problem & I was to put some tape around it!

When I finally got my laptop back, I had problems with the unit constantly shuting itself off and, eventualy it locked up all together!! Needless to say, I wanted a replacement, refund or to say the least...a sufficient repair job.

Bryant D. Jennings refused to honor his own verbal 90 day warranty to me. He said 'I had made a bad decision purchasing those devices', (or something to that effect). He simply refused to give me my money back and has even kept the lap top in his possession!!!

To top this off, I had bought some HDMI & AUDIO cables from him to interact my system to the TV (That never fit properly & were hense, never used) and he won't give me my money back for those either!!!

I have FILED A REPORT with the BETTER BUSSINESS BUREAU of Northeast FL as well as the FL Dept of CONSUMER SERVICES. They both have inquiered but, did not take action.

You have got to tell everyone you know that you have heard this! DO NOT trust this gay, eer guy! Bryant D. Jennings was dishonest to me. He took my money and then kept the equiptment he refused to repair!! He is a liar & a cheat. Go to his shop and see the big white cadalac he hides from everyone behind his shop.

I have heard he cheated at least one of his employees and even a 90 year old Grandmother for $1000.SS of dollars!! Being gay is one thing but lying, cheating and stealing is an other. I personaly, will pray for this. (won't you?) NT ROMANS 12:20

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2010 07:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/STARTECH-COMPUTER-STORE/Lake-City-Florida-32024/STARTECH-COMPUTER-STORE-BRYANT-D-JENNINGS-Owner-of-STARTECH-sold-me-a-used-compac-home-572876. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on STARTECH COMPUTER STORE

Still No Resolve, Probably NEVER will

AUTHOR: Fred - (United States of America)

Well folks, here it is, another year has gone by and STARTECH COMPUTER SHOP, (5 miles west of US Hwy-90...Lake City, FL), Specifically speaking Bryant Jennings, "Owner", has failed to honor the warranty on the equipment he sold to me. He has NOT proven that he even tried to repair the faulty equipment. Also forwardly, He stated that He will not do anything about it!
 By his own admission he stated that I should have bought something else. (He is right there...I NEVER should have bought anything from there at all)! He even sold me a $30 HDMI cable and refused to accept a return & refund my money when it didn't fit my system!

Bryant Jennings @ STARTECH is such a thief, he even kept my last Laptop Computer He sold me after I brought it back for repair within the 30 day warranty period. (My only discrepancy fault is I was out of town and could not pick it up within 30 days, and He claims He threw it away.)  Yeah right people, Believe that He threw away a $210+ Laptop Computer, in perfectly good condition after he repaired it and I'll tell you He never fixed it or He resold it to some other poor unknowing sole!

His claim that I get high &/or drink, I say come to the Live Oak Seventh Day Adventist Church, (take Hwy 51 S aprx. 5 miles on the right), on any given Saturday from 9:15am till 3:30pm, (It is the 4th Commandment, [see Exodus 20:8-11], and we will pray for this person & his actions). Furthermore, there was a rebuttal about him being GAY...again, I will invite anyone to visit his establishment and talk to him, (Warning, do NOT buy anything), just go see for yourself.

Bryant Jennings, you know you did me wrong, I will not let up untill you repay me the $210 you took from me. Got it? For the rest of you good luck & have a blessed day. :)

Still No Resolve, Probably NEVER will

AUTHOR: Fred - (United States of America)

WTF!?!?!?!

AUTHOR: Patrick - (United States of America)

sounds like standard business practices to me this sight is to inform customer's of danger in doing business with other's what and where does gay come in to it.... I'm Married 3 kids and while i experimented at one point didn;t like it. So while I don't take offence to that well you know what they say about homophobes. the joy is i don't work there so I have the freedom to say things like this.... there should be a plain bad person report site. I fear lake city would make up alot of the population as small as it is

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Where to begin?

AUTHOR: Bryant jennings - (U.S.A.)

The unfortunate thing about this method of interaction on the internet is that anybody can say anything about anybody.  This guy is a drunk who in his moments of stupidity has taken to harrassing StarTech about a computer he bought a year ago and brought back well after the 90 day warranty and proceeded to insult us and otherwise make it very difficult to help.  We helpd him MANY times trying to overcome his problems (most of which are not computer related) to the point that we finally cut him off.  Since then he has filed complaints, left messages and made threats because he has no valid argument and can do nothing else.  I hope that anyone who reads his complaint will pick up on what kind of person he is and visit our store before  they make judgements about our business practices.  I read reviews myself on the internet to get some idea about a business before I buy so I do know their value.  However, my experience with this guy also tells me to not neccessarily believe them.  I have been in business for 20 years in Florida and have always tried to do the right thing for my customers.  My success is measured by the satisfied customers who have supported me all thses years and continue to do so.  My business is successful because I treat people the way I want to be treated.  My business and home are located on the same property that I own.  I am not going anywhere and I am not going to let this guy harass me into a refund.  I will trust that the vast majority of customers we are able to serve successfully will overcome the ones not happy with us for whatever reason.  By the way-I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 24 years and drive a Ford Truck-if that matters to anyone.  I encourage anyone to come by and visit or call me at 386-755-0277 and judge for yourself.