Complaint Review: STATE FARM INSURANCE COMPANY

• Submitted: Fri, July 05, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, October 31, 2003

• Reported By:ST PETE FL
STATE FARM INSURANCE COMPANY
BRADENTON FLORIDA , Illinois U.S.A.

STATE FARM INSURANCE COMPANY UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES ripoff abused & mistreated ripoff business Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: Hit by a State Farm Driver/ I am insured with AMEX Assurance Company

*Consumer Comment: What did you expect him to do.

I WAS INSURED BY STATE FARM FOR THE PAST TEN YEARS WITH

NO TICKETS OR ACCIDENTS ON MY RECORD. STATE FARM SAW FIT

TO RAISE MY RATES THIRTY FIVE PERCENT WITH NO EXPLANATION

OTHER THAN THEIR LOSS RUNS HAVE INCREASED. THE TRUTH BE

KNOWN, I THINK THEIR ADVERTIZING BUDGETS HAVE INCREASED

BY THE NUMBER OF TV COMMERCIALS I HAVE SEEN LATELY.

NONETHELESS, I TRIED TO COMMUNICATE MY UNHAPPINESS TO MY

AGENT AND HE APOLOGIZED BUT, UNFORTUNATELY, HE WAS NOT

ABLE TO DO ANYTHING FOR ME. I CANCELED MY POLICY ON THE

SPOT AND WENT WITH AMEX INSURANCE COMPANY AND SAVED

TWENTY PERCENT OVER WHAT I WAS PAYING WITH STATE FARM.

I ALSO HAVE ENCOURAGED OVER THIRTY OTHER PEOPLE I KNOW TO

CANCEL THEIR POLICIES AND GO TO AMEX INSURANCE. I TRIED

TO PLAY BY THE RULES BUT, STATE FARM SCREWED ME SO I AM

SCREWING THEM BACK. A WORD OF WARNING TO ANYONE

CONSIDERING STATE FARM AS THEIR INSURANCE COMPANY, THEY

ARE ONLY AFTER YOUR MONEY!!!!!! THEY DON'T GIVE A DAMN

ABOUT ANYTHING BUT THEIR PROFIT AND THEIR AGENTS

VACATIONS TO THE BAHAMAS.

JASON
SAINT PETERSBURG, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2002 03:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/STATE-FARM-INSURANCE-COMPANY/Illinois/STATE-FARM-INSURANCE-COMPANY-UNFAIR-BUSINESS-PRACTICES-ripoff-abused-mistreated-ripoff-b-24031. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on STATE FARM INSURANCE COMPANY

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Hit by a State Farm Driver/ I am insured with AMEX Assurance Company

AUTHOR: Katrinka - (U.S.A.)

I was hit in the rear at a traffic light while at a complete stop and pushed into another vehicle. I was told by State Farm that they would not file a claim without talking to the person who hit me even with a police report clearly identifying him. AMEX contacted the driver that hit me and right away sent out an adjuster. State Farm still said that they had not reached him. They finally reached him. AMEX offered me $9785 for my car and State Farm offered $8500 for the same vehicle (2000 Chevy Malibu) with on 42,000 miles. This was crap. This being the case I don't se why rate should have to be raised when they don't even pay top dollar on their claims. They are listed in many different sources at the 2nd worst next to Allstate. If you are not insured through them use you own company. The offer difference more than covered my $500 deductible which in most cases you get back anyway. Also in 1999 State Farm lost a class action suit because they were replacing car parts with sub-standard parts. Would you want your brand new car replaced with parts from a 3 year old wrecked car????

What did you expect him to do.

AUTHOR: Amber - ()

I can understand you're upset about the rates going up 35% is alot of money. But also understand that State Farm isn't the only company whose rates have gone up. You make a valid point with the advertising remark but also understand that with a company as big as State Farm the majority of the claims across the U.S. were paid by them.

When you have more money going out to pay claims than you do coming in, in premiums, the rates need to go up or the company will eventualy fold. Over the past few years many companies have had to do just that, partially, as a result of the natural disasters and our economic hardship.

Some people shop around for the best rates while others look for quality of service. It all depends on what is important to you. Right now the bottom line is important to alot of people. State Farm is trying to do what they can to lower the premiums but it takes time. Just remember, many companies have come and gone over the years, but State Farm is still around. There's a reason for that.

P.S. those trips to the Bahamas that you mentioned, the agents are the ones that have to pay for the trip out of their own pockets, not the company.